NSV at work!

Options
caretheaton
caretheaton Posts: 90 Member
I work at a large hospital, so I am always meeting new people as well as running into people I haven't seen for years. As I was getting into an elevator last night, a woman asked me what high school I went to. I told her, and she said, "I thought you looked familiar! I wasn't sure if it was you or not because you've gotten so skinny!" I told her yes, I had lost about 60 pounds since high school, and she said I looked like I lost half my size!

Although this came from someone who I haven't seen in almost 8 years, it was still a nice reminder of all the hard work I've done so far. Sometimes I get frustrated that the pounds aren't coming off as easily or quickly as I'd like. But when I think about how I've lost-and kept off- 60 lbs so far, losing the last 15-20 seems so much more managable!

Replies

• mommachef
    mommachef Posts: 52
    Options
    Awesome! I bet that felt really good to have someone notice!
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm sure that was a great feeling and well deserved :)
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! I hope that happens to me one day!
  • danalyn918
    danalyn918 Posts: 13
    Options
    How exciting is that? I am at 235 and was this size while pregnant with my kids!! Can you share your advice of your success? I am trying to get healthy and like myself again. I am ready to get rid of the weight. I am up 40 pounds from a year ago! How long did it take you? Do you simply count your calories and stay within 1,200 or did you give up certain things and eat healthy all the time? Thanks for the tips!! I am eager to do this right!!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    It definitely does feel good. Also makes us look at the positive we have done and not focus so much on what we have left to do!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!