It's fun forcing yourself to eat vegetables

Options
I love forcing myself to eat veggies because once I get done eating them I feel so much better about myself. I just had some carrots with my breakfast/lunch meal because I woke up late and I just feel better about eating those instead of something else that isn't as good.

So what are your favorite veggies????

Replies

• kdanderson05
    Options
    I love forcing myself to eat veggies because once I get done eating them I feel so much better about myself. I just had some carrots with my breakfast/lunch meal because I woke up late and I just feel better about eating those instead of something else that isn't as good.

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I used to love carrots and still do but I have cut them way way back becuase of the sugar levels in carrots...I love dark green veggies,,,,,brocoli, spinach, brussel sprouts

I steam the veggies then I saute about 6 -8 cloves of chopped/diced garlic in 1 tbsp of olive oil and drizzle that overt the veggies with a little sea salt....yum
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots!! I also love the Green Giant Broccoli and cheese sauce. I buy the individual size and keep them in the freezer at work. Makes a great snack when I get the munchies!!
  • livinwell
    Options
    I know what you are saying. I love eating them, but having them available is my big struggle. Carrots are godd because they are easy. But what I really love is an assortment of cucumber, red and yellow peppers, celery, cherry tomatoes (fruit) and anything else that looks colorful and fresh at the store. I have a divided container that I put them in once I have them cleaned and cut and I take it to work with me to munch on all day long. FEELS SOOOOO GOOD!:blushing:
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    I've come to love the taste of raw cabbage. I use it for salads instead of lettuce because lettuce is usually too expensive for me to buy. And brocolli, we always have some kind of brocolli in the house (either fresh or frozen).
  • nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots!! I also love the Green Giant Broccoli and cheese sauce. I buy the individual size and keep them in the freezer at work. Makes a great snack when I get the munchies!!

Me too!! :blushing: :love:
  • mamashrub
    Options

mmm peppers..I eat em like apples..
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I CHALLENGE YOU ALL TO GET IN YOUR 5 SERVINGS THIS WEEK. Only cause I struggle too. This is my personal challenge...:bigsmile:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    II like broccoli and asparagus. would never eat vegetables when I was younger. My grandmother still teases me- She would offer me green beans I would tell her to eat them herself.
    I found I like vegetables either raw (spinach) or cooked for a few minutes. My problem is i tend to eat 3 serving in one sitting!!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Summer squash, eggplant and mushrooms kabobs on the grill. NOM NOM NOM!!!!!!
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I love all veges for the most part.. Every day I eat uncooked stir fry veges as a snack. Its pretty much broccoli, carrots, and pea pods.. Its yummy!