Give me your thoughts on the LeVel Thrive diet regimen.....

I have a lot of friends doing the thrive diet regimen. I have been on it for approximately 1.5 months. It does seem to boost my energy, but I'm thinking it is because I'm eating better as well. I haven't lost any weight per say, but my clothes are fitting better. It is very expensive, unless of coarse you get 2 people to buy it under you. I am not a sales person. Just wanting honest thoughts. Not sure if I will continue it or not.

Replies

• Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    edited August 2015
    I embrace most of their general principles about eating whole foods dense in nutrition.
    My disconnect is when people get dogmatic about diet and such. And I need more meat!
    Also, I don't much like the “re-calibration period” where certain food groups are eliminated.
    Life is also to be lived...

Good Luck
    :)
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    You can do the same here at MFP for free.
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    You can do the same here at MFP for free.
    Right, Check out how MFP works, and consider lasting, steady results that are safe and realistic.
    Getting Started
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177907/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    If you want to do a trendy diet, go for it. But remember that you don't have to pay anyone to lose weight and that giving your money away can't make you thin. You can lose weight for free.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    So hypothetically if you lose some weight eating this highly restrictive diet, what is the plan when you go back to eating normally, assuming you don't want to keep paying for the diet plan for the rest of your life?

Why not just incorporate more plant based food into your day at a moderate calorie deficit? Which would be free.

@amyscoggins94 going to the gym or running is not necessary to lose weight - there are plenty of people here who have lost weight purely by sticking to their calorie allowance.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Oh and its basically a MLM. be a promoter and get it cheaper blah blah blah. this is just so bad. please don't. just please don't.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Never heard of it. Don't care to try. Counting calories on MFP has been working fine for me.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited July 2017
    Looks like someone took the time to dissect the ingredient lists back when this was peaking in 2015. So glad I missed it.

http://www.ironbeaverfitness.com/articles/2015/8/12/scam-dujour-thrive-by-le-vel

(Surely I am not the only one who sees that whoever came up with that scam took the word 'level' and added a hyphen to make it supah fanci spechial Le-Vel. Or maybe it is just me as I know someone who added a hyphen to her maiden name when she reassumed it post-divorce for some inane reason.)
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    I've a friend who loves it. She has gotten in better shape but perhaps she did because she was eating better and exercising. I did the same using mfp.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Looks like someone took the time to dissect the ingredient lists back when this was peaking in 2015. So glad I missed it.

http://www.ironbeaverfitness.com/articles/2015/8/12/scam-dujour-thrive-by-le-vel

(Surely I am not the only one who sees that whoever came up with that scam took the word 'level' and added a hyphen to make it supah fanci spechial Le-Vel. Or maybe it is just me as I know someone who added a hyphen to her maiden name when she reassumed it post-divorce for some inane reason.)

Great link. That pretty much sums up my thoughts on Le-Vel. ;)
  • dpulliam73
    dpulliam73 Posts: 1 Member
    I am a Thrive user! I do love how I feel ! No it's not magic! Do the work lose weight that simple!
  • alpear
    alpear Posts: 19 Member
    If skinny was in a bottle/pill/shake/patch no one would be fat.