Need help with a healthy shopping list ? new !!

Options
aryanam98
aryanam98 Posts: 3 Member
edited July 2017 in Food and Nutrition
Hey guys so I was wondering if y'all can give me some ideas on healthy groceries to buy. I'm so used to getting oven pizzas and chicken nuggets I have no idea where to start. And easy recipes I can make during the week using these groceries. I'm not the best cook but I can folllow a recipe lol ☺️
Thanks in advance ! :)

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    http://pin.it/dpKGsYR
    I thought you'd like this Board on Pinterest... my top seven recipes for a new cook. Start with one. Figure that out then move on to something new.

I suggest you still get pizzas and chicken nuggets but double check the nutrition labels. I find Dr Oetker thin crust to be lower calorie.

Get one meat and learn to cook it. Google five star recipes are pretty failsafe.

Get yourself some veggies and fruit, enough for a few days only. Only take the attractive ones, or get frozen. Those chicken nuggets are much healthier with a veggie side.

And eggs. Get a dozen eggs. They can be prepared dozens of ways.
  • niknik212
    niknik212 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    -Eggs for sure! Find crustless quiche recipie and buy a pie pan. I make quiche once a week and vary what I put in it! Sausage and cheddar, spinach and goat cheese, endless possibilities!

-A banana or apple with a TBSP or two of natural peanut butter is one of my favorite breakfasts.

-Stuffed peppers are easy and yummy, take pepper (I prefer yellow or orange because they more mild in flavor), take the top off and seeds out, stuff with ground beef (and you can mix with quinoa or brown rice, add spices), little cheese on top and bake! You can also make a few of them for leftovers so less cooking the next day!

Pinterest recipes will be your best friend :)
  • abbeyfitness123
    abbeyfitness123 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love chicken nuggets too! Tyson has some great frozen grilled nuggets my whole family loves! I definitely recommend those. Also try making zucchini "fries" or zoodles.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You start with what you want to eat. Look for recipes for those meals - google or cookbooks. The ingredients list is your shopping list.