FLab and Me!

Options
You all might think that I am just this ball of energy and LOVE to go as far as I can. Well… YES …. BUT I do fight with myself in the process. This morning I went for a walk and was doing pretty good until Fat Lazy Becca, whom I will refer to as FLaB from here on out, started arguing with me!
So I completed the first lap of the hills and was feeling great. I am patting myself on the back for getting up out of bed and getting motivated. I was half way thru lap two when FLaB spoke up:
FLaB: so do we really have to do another lap or two?
Me: Yep
FLaB: But nobody would know!
Me: Hhhmmm, you’re right. Wait… I would know! I wouldn’t be cheating anyone but myself.
FlaB: *pouting
Me: WE CAN DO THIS! (as we climb to the top of the hill)
FLaB: But I don’t want to! I’m tired already and there is sweat running down our face and our hair looks like we just stepped out of the shower!
Me: Look! We are doing this and you can just shut up!
So we get to the end of lap two and turn around to start lap 3… feeling pretty good.
At the top of the hill>
FLaB: so… to the bottom of the hill and turn around?
Me: ok
At the bottom of the hill>
Me: I’m going to keep going.
FLaB: Crap!!! Ok, to the bottom of the small hill and then we turn around?
At the bottom of the small hill>
FLaB: You made me go this far, might as well go all the way to the road and turn around 
Me: Cool… feeling pretty good aren’t we??? !!!
FLaB: Shut up and walk
As I was climbing the hill I realized that FLaB was nowhere around. It was just me and my determination.
As I reach the car Flab spoke up again>
FLaB: You don’t like me do you?
Me: NOPE!
FLAB: that’s ok, I don’t either.
And as that went through my head I felt FLaB give me a mental hug.

How many times do you argue with yourself while walking, jazzercising, exercising, or trying to eat right???
YOU have the control! YOU have the power to win over your ‘fat’ self! Believe me, your ‘fat’ self will thank you in the end!
HUGS to all of you!

Replies

• Freeapollo
    Freeapollo Posts: 25
    Options
    You all might think that I am just this ball of energy and LOVE to go as far as I can. Well… YES …. BUT I do fight with myself in the process. This morning I went for a walk and was doing pretty good until Fat Lazy Becca, whom I will refer to as FLaB from here on out, started arguing with me!
    So I completed the first lap of the hills and was feeling great. I am patting myself on the back for getting up out of bed and getting motivated. I was half way thru lap two when FLaB spoke up:
    FLaB: so do we really have to do another lap or two?
    Me: Yep
    FLaB: But nobody would know!
    Me: Hhhmmm, you’re right. Wait… I would know! I wouldn’t be cheating anyone but myself.
    FlaB: *pouting
    Me: WE CAN DO THIS! (as we climb to the top of the hill)
    FLaB: But I don’t want to! I’m tired already and there is sweat running down our face and our hair looks like we just stepped out of the shower!
    Me: Look! We are doing this and you can just shut up!
    So we get to the end of lap two and turn around to start lap 3… feeling pretty good.
    At the top of the hill>
    FLaB: so… to the bottom of the hill and turn around?
    At the bottom of the hill>
    Me: I’m going to keep going.
    FLaB: Crap!!! Ok, to the bottom of the small hill and then we turn around?
    At the bottom of the small hill>
    FLaB: You made me go this far, might as well go all the way to the road and turn around 
    Me: Cool… feeling pretty good aren’t we??? !!!
    FLaB: Shut up and walk
    As I was climbing the hill I realized that FLaB was nowhere around. It was just me and my determination.
    As I reach the car Flab spoke up again>
    FLaB: You don’t like me do you?
    Me: NOPE!
    FLAB: that’s ok, I don’t either.
    And as that went through my head I felt FLaB give me a mental hug.

How many times do you argue with yourself while walking, jazzercising, exercising, or trying to eat right???
    YOU have the control! YOU have the power to win over your ‘fat’ self! Believe me, your ‘fat’ self will thank you in the end!
    HUGS to all of you!

Flab kinda reminds me of an ex....there is a reason it should be out of your life! Keep it up!
  • BeccaStearns
    Options
    Thanks ... I hadnt thought of it that way ...but sooooo true!