A new way to celebrate?

Options
My whole life I have celebrated accomplishments or special occasions by eating out or drinking booze. What do you guys do to celebrate in a healthy way?

FYI: Bowling and mini golf bore me to death.

Replies

• TanJacked
    TanJacked Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I got a massage after hitting key moments in my weight loss to celebrate.

Damn that's a good one.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,147 Member
    Options
    Massage, treat activity (day trip, go to concert, etc.); new fun things I want like hobby supplies, workout equipment, etc.
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Go see a movie or comedy show or concert.
    Treat yourself to some beauty pampering or massage.
    Buy a cute outfit.
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Hey, the Levis' with the size on the outside - that was a "Seinfeld" episode lol But a great NSV.

You could buy a Pandora charm (all jewelry stores sell charms plus craft stores, less expensive) and a bracelet and add a charm at each milestone.
    How about a show, manicure, massage, an expensive pocketbook you love?
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    This is something I struggle with. I always eat and drink for celebration! I have no advice. Just here to say I sympathize!
  • MsChucktowski
    MsChucktowski Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I weighed in this morning at my lowest weight since I was about 13 years old.

I celebrated by drowning a pack of oreos in a glass of milk. It was delicious.

What do you enjoy? If you like being pampered, have a manicure or facial. If you enjoy the outdoors, maybe go on a bushwalk or hike.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I buy myself stuff.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I had all my hair cut off. Eek!
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    That's a tough one. Celebrating and eating have gone hand in hand since I was small. For me, so far, the happy feelings I get from reaching a weight loss milestone are good enough, but I wonder. Eating to celebrate runs so deep that it probably has to be allowed, but only on rare occasion and in a reasonable way, not an all out binge because I lost a few pounds. I generally do eat more on special occasions, but I cut back the day before and the day after. Doing well the day after is critical.

I remember when I first started doing pool workouts. After each session I would crave ice cream so bad! I knew it was leftover from my childhood because we would always have ice cream after a day at the pool.

So every day, I just kept saying "no" to the ice cream until the urge faded and finally went away. It's just a matter of reprogramming I think.

• Hels35
    Hels35 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's a tough one. Celebrating and eating have gone hand in hand since I was small. For me, so far, the happy feelings I get from reaching a weight loss milestone are good enough, but I wonder. Eating to celebrate runs so deep that it probably has to be allowed, but only on rare occasion and in a reasonable way, not an all out binge because I lost a few pounds. I generally do eat more on special occasions, but I cut back the day before and the day after. Doing well the day after is critical.

I remember when I first started doing pool workouts. After each session I would crave ice cream so bad! I knew it was leftover from my childhood because we would always have ice cream after a day at the pool.

So every day, I just kept saying "no" to the ice cream until the urge faded and finally went away. It's just a matter of reprogramming I think.

I have started saying "NO" to myself too. I was really wanting a treat yesterday. .fatty food and wine. But everytime it popped into my head I kept saying no no no. Untill the urge went.
  • princeofmind
    princeofmind Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You can still celebrate the way you used to so long as you don't find reasons to celebrate every other week.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    I either get workout gear or experiences.

Two more pounds and I'm going to get a more accurate body fat test and an RMR test.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Schedule activities rather than just meeting at a restaurant. There's more than just bowling or mini golf out there. Indoor parachuting and trampoline parks. Walking tours (museums, art galleries, garden and home tours, or just shopping with friends). Escape rooms. Go karting. The beach. Rent kayaks or SUPs. Do a bike trip or outing.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    At celebration get togethers I eat everything. Just not all of it. ;)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    kels_lyn14 wrote: »
    What do you guys do to celebrate in a healthy way?

I celebrate by participating in ultra long distance cycling events or taking on other cycling challenges like climbing our local mountain. :)