Good carb

Options
Having a seriously hard time hitting my macros without going over my carbs!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with carbs?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Carbs aren't necessarily bad, but are you getting sufficient protein and fat? They are important, so if your carb intake is crowding out those you might want to make some changes. Try pre planning meals so you can readjust amounts and getting the breakdown you want.
  • meesh88
    meesh88 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue :(
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    What are your macros set at and what are your goals?
  • sarahmariedaigle
    sarahmariedaigle Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Are you going for full on carbs or net carbs? I was following "netcarbs" which was much easier but now that I have switched to just doing my carbs I have noticed it's much more difficult. My macros allow 15g of carbs (5%carbs 75%fat and 20% protein) IF has helped me a lot with hunger control which has helped me with carbs. Have you tried pork rinds? I eat those as a snack, with some melted cream cheese only one carb from the cream cheese.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Pre log your days to hit your macros
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    madisonk09 wrote: »
    Having a seriously hard time hitting my macros without going over my carbs!

Are you going over your total calories? Getting enough protein etc? I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Carbs aren't good or bad and why specifically are you concerned?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    What's your goal (for protein/fat/carbs) in grams and where are you actually ending up.

Unless you have some reason to low carb, it's more important not to be overly low on protein and fat than to hit a specific number of carbs.
  • cangler
    cangler Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    it's about finding that right balance between the three, typically i stay around 45-55% carbs, otherwise i feel a little worn out if i don't get enough carbs/cals.