You know you were born in the 90's if...

Options

Replies

• flutterqueen04
    Options
    Haha! Loved this and yes Kimberly and Tommy were MEANT TO BE!! :heart:

I was born in '83 and all these were the epitome of my childhood!
  • vivianleemit
    vivianleemit Posts: 112
    Options
    I'm a 1990 baby and definitely remember all of these things. I was also a super girly-girl, so I also remember crazes like friendship bracelets, American Girl dolls, Polly Pocket (!!!), friend.links, the works...
  • ChristinaMarie85
    ChristinaMarie85 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Only thing I didn't get (and I was born in '82, my sister in '85) was the number 23 reference. Care to remind me what that one stood for?

I was thinking that same thing.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    A lot of this stuff was stuff people born in the 80's did.
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    you know you were born in the 80's if this thread made you officially feel old for the first time in your life...
  • maria1993
    maria1993 Posts: 112
    Options
    Oops..
  • niste_ketlin
    Options
    '93. And the large majority of this stuff applies to me. I used to like, live on Sourheads. I can still get my hands on them! And they have Sourheads icepops, they are THA BOMB! Yeah this thread has brought back a lot of memories. But I was the one watching Daria and Beavis and Butthead too, even though I seriously should not have been. >.< Oh, and Waynes World.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    you know you were born in the 80's if this thread made you officially feel old for the first time in your life...

This.
    /wrist
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Well, I definitely agree that this is for kids who were raised in the 90's because I was born in '85 and all of this made me feel incredibly nostalgic. If I could find a Lisa Frank backpack to take to work with me today, I would, and it took a lot of convincing from my husband to keep me from buying that plastic Batman lunchbox with the matching thermos, lol. P.S. I love Quailman!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    An awful lot of this applies to those of us born in the 70's...

and you have NO IDEA how good Saturday morning cartoons were. they used to actually be FUNNY and not just moving anime comic books.
  • thunt1990
    thunt1990 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh this makes me feel kinda old. I was born in 1990. My older sister used to love NKOTB and we played it all the time.
    Warheads were my friends and my favorite candy. We had some a few months ago and omg are they nasty now. I dont know how we used to eat them bleh
  • Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    Options
    Gosh! so many memories.. I definately agree that this should be for people Raised in the 90's not born...

But I also want to add

Candid Camera to the list! LOVED that show!

and Buffy and angel! (late 90's I know but still)

And the Hansens must be added to this list and Skipbo's! How many skips could you do non stop?

Oh how I loved Buffy and Angel!!! And I was born in '85:)
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    23 refers to Michael Jordan, right?

born in 81 and I remember doing many of these things as well, just not the late 90s stuff

And my 5 year old thinks light up sneakers are still cool!
  • LovelySophiya
    Options
    Yah im a 90s baby and I pretty much still love ring pops :)
  • arh0117
    arh0117 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Anyone remember...

Paint chewing gum that turned your mouth colors and came in different sized paint cans (Blue was the best!!)

Barney and how much we hated him!! (Prob. only applies to 80s babies)

When Brittney, Christina, and Justin were on MMC and you had to subscribe to the Disney Channel. I was soooo mad when it came out on regular cable for free!

the OJ verdict

Reading Rainbow, My Little Ponies, Sesame Street, Mr. Rogers

Gak!!!

Spring Break on MTV (which I wasn't allowed to watch, btw, but always snuck around and did it)

Oregon Trail during computer class!!

Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Oasis-best music is definitely from the 90s!!

Ricki Lake!!

Super Gameboy

Easy Bake Oven (loved mine!!)

Bottle Pops

the original Crystal Pepsi (not the fruity sutff)--best sutff ever!!!

When they introduced the Blue M&M

Fruitopia

When Princess Di died in a car wreck

Oklahoma City Bombing

The blue dress with the stain!! LOL And Clinton of course!

Columbine

When Tonya Harding hit Nancy Kerrigan (I cried so hard)
  • niavalentino
    niavalentino Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    90s baby right here, and oh man!! Nostalgia lane right there! I bought a pack of Warheads a few months ago because I saw them at the gas station by my apartment and flipped out! My boyfriend never had them before (he's from Germany) so it was a lovely feeling expressing my childhood memories while we puckered our faces. Haha
  • shelly650
    shelly650 Posts: 319
    Options
    O wow!! I remember so much of this!! Especially Safe by the bell and listening to the radio all day just to recored my fav song!! Oh the memories!!
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Quite a lot of that resonates with me, and I was born in the 60s - but fortunately I never grew up.
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    HAHA! My husband and I were just talking about this a few days ago! We were debating over who the white ranger was on the Mighty Morphing Power Rangers! LOL We were also talking about which power rangers were our favorites! LOL Yeah, it makes me feel old reading that and thinking back to all that stuff, HAHAHA! The good 'ole days! :laugh:
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    Love it.. 90s kid all the way.