800 blood sugar diet

Options
Am back on Michael Mosley's blood sugar diet. Lost 18lbs last year but have put most of it back on..
Any tips?

Replies

• Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Why is it called 800? cals/day?
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Quite frankly most dieters gain back, not on just this diet but all diet plans
  • Rosemary7391
    Rosemary7391 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    What is your height and current weight, and activity level? Folks here will give you some pointers if they have that information. If you only need to lose 18lbs then there's no way that diet is appropriate. That's really the sort of thing for very obese people, preferably under medical supervision. If your doctor hasn't suggested it I wouldn't go there!

Btw, even that book talks about the post diet maintenance. You really do need to think about that. If you eat the way you always have why wouldn't you expect to end up right back where you always were?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Am back on Michael Mosley's blood sugar diet. Lost 18lbs last year but have put most of it back on..
    Any tips?

Why are you back on a diet that failed? Instead of temporary crash diets, look for some permanent changes. Changes that can help you lose weight AND keep it off.

I've done the yo-yo thing myself. Losing weight & regaining....isn't success.
  • karynclarke
    karynclarke Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Zombie thread alert!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    KATRENAJ wrote: »

They gain it back because they don't learn how to eat to maintenance. Many revert back to how they were eating before they lost weight.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    KATRENAJ wrote: »

That's because "diet plans" like this one are usually temporary. Temporary plan=temporary results. Make your own diet you'd be happy to live on forever and you might have better success.
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Just the name is enough to scare me away.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,064 Member
    Options
    Zombie thread alert!

Nah, a thread from July this year is not a zombie thread - I've seen threads resurected from 2010!!