Keto and Intermittent Fasting

Options
I've been Keto since January 1st. I've lost nearly 50 pounds but wanting to incorporate IF. I'd love to find others who do both.

Replies

• ashleyvictoriasmith
    ashleyvictoriasmith Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There are awesome groups on Facebook and tons and tons of recipes!!!!!
  • SarcasticBlondie
    SarcasticBlondie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    There are awesome groups on Facebook and tons and tons of recipes!!!!!

Thanks. I did find a couple on Facebook to join.
  • TanJacked
    TanJacked Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've been doing keto about 5 months now. Down 55 lbs. The first 3 months I was also IF doing a 6:18 fast. Since I've stopped I haven't really noticed any difference in how I feel or the progress of my weight loss. Definitely still a fan of IF though.
  • rjan91
    rjan91 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yes. I do the 16:8 mostly and a couple 20:4's. I'm trying to work my way up to a 24 hour. I am losing weight slowly (but a normal rate 1-2pds per week). I do it for the effect on my type 2 diabetes and weight loss. I am having positive results. I tend to keep my net carbs closer to 50 than 20 however.
  • mikey803
    mikey803 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good morning fellow "Intermittent fasting" friends. I wanted to give an update on my progress. I have been part of learning this lifestyle for about 2 months now. It was recommended by my doctor. After listening to the audio book, "The Obesity Code" by Jason Fung, I decided to give intermittent fasting a try. Also, I have mild type-2 diabetes. I started by doing 16:8 and have progressed to the 18:6 flavor intermittent fasting everyday. I do my fasting unlike most. I skip dinner instead of breakfast because I do my workouts in the morning, at the end of my fast. Sometimes the weekends are "wild card" days, because of church functions and other activities. Since I started this journey two months ago, I have lost about 20lbs and my A1C went from 5.7 to 5.2 (as of yesterdays doctor visit). I am looking forward to seeing what further goodness this lifestyle brings to me. I hope this is an encouragement to you. :-)
  • megan802017
    megan802017 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I want to loose nearly 2-3 stone and I heard about keto where can I find this information and how to start
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Currently doing both keto/IF.

Keto is a new experiment for me, one which I am liking so far.

IF I have implemented for a few years when dieting and it helps me control my hunger and hit my calorie goal.
  • SarcasticBlondie
    SarcasticBlondie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    IF anyone wants to add me, I have an open diary and post often. I'd love to see some more diaries that are from friends who IF and Keto.