Why in the love haven't they made it so you can share a recipe

Options
Malachi3755
Malachi3755 Posts: 1 Member
Good grief you should be able to share with friends.

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Or search them on the web version, or list them alphabetically, or add method instructions, or... *sigh*. Yup. Hearin' you.
  • beautynbaseball
    beautynbaseball Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Totally agree! It's frustrating!!
  • EJBarner
    EJBarner Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Dear god, yes.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I just screenshot them
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    That's why I don't even try to share recipes here. I use the recipe function simply to list ingredients and calculate calories. I have an account on JustaPinch.com where I've been tucking recipes for years. For my recipes, check out https://www.justapinch.com/me/heidicookssupper
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    It's far from ideal, but if you log a recipe, anyone with access to your food diary can copy the item and change the serving amount.
  • ljewels
    ljewels Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How do you give access to food diary?
    I have a couple people I wanted to help set up with my meals and you can only share public not specifically. . I want to email via my fitness the recipe so they can add it to their own app.. should be easier.. :(:(
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    ljewels wrote: »
    How do you give access to food diary?
    I have a couple people I wanted to help set up with my meals and you can only share public not specifically. . I want to email via my fitness the recipe so they can add it to their own app.. should be easier.. :(:(

You can set a four digit passcode then share the passcode with selected friends.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    The "reason" is prob that they see this as a food logging app, not a recipe box app, and they prob see it as too expensive to acquire or develop this feature for a free site and would not bring more business to UA. Just sayin'.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I may have to investigate that justapinch site. It looks useful.
  • koslowkj
    koslowkj Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    It's far from ideal, but if you log a recipe, anyone with access to your food diary can copy the item and change the serving amount.

This is what my boyfriend and I do. I create the recipes, log my meals, and then he goes into my diary and copies it. It's not perfect, but it works well enough.
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    good lord, ive been thinking this for years. You would think it would be an easy thing to do.