Turkey

Options
Ok so here's the deal I took a turkey out of the freezer yesterday put it in cold water and left in on the counter all day n forgot to put it in the fridge last night well when I woke up it was still there and still some what froze. It was n 8lb turkey and the water was still cold

Replies

• malisakenney52916
    malisakenney52916 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Can some one help
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Who are you feeding it to? And do you feel lucky?
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I saw a turkey once. A real life one just walking across the road. Or maybe it was picture. I can't remember.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    Options
    Unacceptable denial of the Armenian genocide. Turkey must admit, apologize, and make reparations.
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    Are you asking if it's safe to eat? I'd continue thawing in the fridge
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I visited Istanbul five years ago.

This is the looking toward the Blue Mosque from the second floor of the Hagia Sophia.

hepqb6ak25t1.jpg

This is a Turkish cat on a chair.

buezo4wqb9z9.jpg

This is a horse and some sailors on an island on the Asian side whose name I can't remember.

agry3vtduyij.jpg
  • patrick_star_trek
    patrick_star_trek Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    When it comes to frozen meat, the safest thing is to what I do. When you come home from the store, put the meat promptly into the freezer. Then, after 2 or 3 months, place the freezer-burned, unrecognizable blob, directly into the trash. (preferably on trash pick-up day)

I never have to worry about food safety.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    There are wild turkeys that randomly show up throughout the city. Seeing them makes me dread Thanksgiving because I always end up eating too much turkey and then get sick of it for a year.
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    I think it's safe to say that turkey isn't going to make it. Don't waste money on a vet bill to try to revive it.
  • wimdroid
    wimdroid Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    SzFwTDq.jpg

there's always this

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

This is a Turkish cat on a chair.

All cats are turkeys.

1skb5yp8ev20.gif

• Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    Ok so here's the deal I took a turkey out of the freezer yesterday put it in cold water and left in on the counter all day n forgot to put it in the fridge last night well when I woke up it was still there and still some what froze. It was n 8lb turkey and the water was still cold

Wouldn't chance it, I'd recommend quitting cold turkey.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    If the turkey was fully submerged and the water was not above 40 F for more than 2 hours then it is fine. This is very unlikely! Throw it out and defrost overnight in the fridge or quick defrost under running water or the microwave next time.