Howdy

Options
Howdy,
I am Richard and am working to get my weight down. Have been in the upper 400's now for ten years. Most I weight I ever had was 515 but normally am in the 480-485 range. My wife and I are both diabetic and I have moderate kidney failure. Today marks one month that I have went without soda of any kind. We are working hard to watch our carbs. The doctor put me on a 2000 calorie diet but I just cant do it. I am using myfitnesspal to track a 2500 calorie diet and that seems to be working a little better. I got down to 472 last week, then went off the diet over the weekend, went back up to 479. The last three days I have buckled down, kept under the 2500 calorie goal three days in a row, and now down to 471. I like the idea of these message boards because I have no one to bounce ideas of. The lady who got me introduced to myfitnesspal has gave it up for fitbit. I know that is a lot of info but did not really know what to write.

Replies

• That_Country_Girl82
    That_Country_Girl82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey . You can add me for motivation if you would like. I am trying to lose 40lbs myself. It sounds like you are doing great on keeping up with your calories and not drinking sodas. They are really bad on kidneys. I know because I have kidney stones severe . I just had 20 quarter size. It wasn't from soda's but if I don't take care of them I will lose them. I am a nursing student and want to be able to be an inspiration to many and motivation to each individual that needs it. Good luck on your journey and good luck to your wife. You both can do it!!!!
  • wendygailskitchen
    wendygailskitchen Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good luck on this amazing journey. Sounds like you are off to a great start. I,myself have about 125 pounds to lose. There will be ups and downs, curves, potholes and speed bumps along the way. But, we're not gonna let that stop us! Good luck to both you and your wife!!