Logging weight

Options
How often do you log your weight? I know some people weigh every day and I personally weigh every few days but am not sure how often to actually record my weight. (I know weight fluctuates a lot so I don't know when I'm getting an "accurate" weight)

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    On MFP I log every Monday - up down or the same. I also use the Libra app on my android to log daily.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I also use libra, logging every day, and update MFP with my trendweight, up or down, on Wednesdays. I don't update my calorie goal however, because I have it set at goal weight sedentary maintenance. I realize as I get closer to goal, this will slow my loss down, however it makes sense to me to be used to eating the amount of food I'm going to have to eat for life.
  • rtogetfit93
    rtogetfit93 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Libra here too. I'm also trying out Scaless, which is quite good, too. I track on those every day, and then track once a week on MFP.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    Since I started using Libra daily, I log my weight in MFP on Fridays (I tend to indulge in a pint or two and pizza at the weekends which gives me water weight gains Sun-Tues)
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Luna3386 wrote: »
    I use libra, a trend app, and weigh daily. I update my mfp weight when I hit a new low.

^^Same here. If you just want to log it in MFP, do so but uncheck the box under settings to post to your newsfeed when you log so that way you only see when your weight fluctuates.
  • KevHex
    KevHex Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Daily with Happy Scale, I think it is a great app :-)
  • xoxoniesha
    xoxoniesha Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    What is the best time of day to weigh yourself?
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I log every day, but on a different app than MFP. I use the daily logging to monitor not only my long-term trends, but also the daily fluctuations
  • 2DUNNY
    2DUNNY Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i weigh every morning and log every morning. some days i'm up, some down. i love using the MFP app to look at the trend calculator, it has a line graph of all my weights since i started and it shows everything.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I weight every day, put it in MS Excel and trend that sucker. I've gotten to know my body and what it's doing really well by doing this. It's enabled me to make adjustments within a few days of something not being as fast or as slow as I want.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Never
  • royalty_mind_1me
    royalty_mind_1me Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Everyone is truly different, but I enjoy Saturday mornings. This keeps me more accountable on Friday nights, and it works for me! Good luck!