Staying Motivated When You're Exhausted

Options
So, I'm going on a 7 day cruise in only 15 days from now. I really want to lose 5 more lbs before then, but next week I will be working a lot and I have my daughters' birthday party and my sister in law's baby shower...basically, it's going to be a very busy week. I have a hard time keeping up with my exercise on busy weeks. Any tips? What do you do to stay motivated when you're exhausted from work, etc?

Replies

• 500lbs2marathon
    500lbs2marathon Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Ive had plenty of days like that, I just tell myself that this is something i need to do for ME. Being tired is just an excuse, I just make myself go out and get it done!
  • thiswillhappen
    thiswillhappen Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Even if you can't get in a full workout, 10-15 minutes of activity to get your heart racing is better than none at all! Also - drink lots of water and avoid salty foods, easily done in a time crunch, and will help flatten your tummy for the cruise!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    High intensity interval training (HIIT) take 20 minutes and burn major calories. I say do your best.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    http://nrowfizs.blogspot.com/2011/07/day-23-wwjsd.html

edit to add: Really, this is my answer, typed up yesterday.
  • shiransom
    shiransom Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    LOL WWJSD
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I'm a SAHM during the day to a 1 year old and a 4 year old, and I work 50 hours a week at night til 2 am too. I'm freaking TIRED. I want to sleep for a week. At this point, even caffeine pills aren't doing anything.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I stay home with a 1, 2 and 4 yr old...Our days start about 6am and end about 10pm...I do my workouts around midnight. Its the only real quiet time I can get to do more than a 2 min workout with kids under foot. There are many nights I'd rather to go bed, but once I do the workout I feel better for it! :)
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Whenever I know it's going to get busy, I try to do my workouts early in the morning. Get up at 6am (sometimes 5am) and knock it out. The rest of the day is mine and I can work late and run around worrying about everything else but not when I'm gonna workout b/c it's already done.