Motivation please!?!

Options
I am new to my fitness pal. I created an account maybe 6 months ago, but haven't really used it. Today is a new day! Started out on the wrong track, but I can't take this anymore. From here on out, it's all about taking care of myself.

Replies

• danacantski
    Options
    Today will be gone soon, and tomorrow will start a brand new day! Even if you mess up, no biggie, learn from your mistakes and try harder tomorrow. I also have been struggling with my weight all my life and Im 25. I wish you the best of luck!!
  • fordfan67
    fordfan67 Posts: 12
    Options
    Welcome! I started about 2 weeks ago. Logging food intake everyday is a real eye opener! (But you have to be honest. . .) :happy: Wishing you lots of luck!
  • lbeasey
    lbeasey Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I just got on here a week ago...but have struggled with my weight for 20 years. The one comment that I heard this year that has stuck in my head is, "It is all about the moment you are in, if you mess up in that moment it is in the past the next so don't use that as your excuse to keep messing up." This was said to me in regards to eating b/c I would make a bad choice at breakfast and think well I'll do better tomorrow. Why wait until tomorrow when I have the rest of the day. Good luck with your journey.
  • Pieps
    Pieps Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I will be turning 30 in a couple months and I would really like to get my life back on track. I have been struggling as long as I can remember. I have tried many diets out there. Lost some here, gained it back....so on and so on. I hope this site can help me. I agree with tracking is an eye opener. I tracked just what I ate for breakfast which I knew wasn't the greatest, but didn't think it was too bad.....I have 95 calories left for the day. Yikes!
  • kawilk69
    kawilk69 Posts: 2
    Options
    I have been doing this for a few months, it has really helped me. Good luck!!!!!!:happy:
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    You CAN do this - the most frustrating thing is getting in the habits and keeping up with them long term to lose the weight and keep it off - this is a GREAT place to keep you motivated and moving strong...

Welcome!!!
  • laurabell63
    Options
    I was actually shocked by how much I was eating. Didn't realize until I started logging. It hard to start but once you get going and see some results things just get easier! I also did not realize how far I had let myself go until I saw a photo of myself........not pretty.
  • Pieps
    Pieps Posts: 9
    Options
    I like that quote! Very good advice! Good luck to you as well!
  • RissaDean
    RissaDean Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I agree with tracking is an eye opener. I tracked just what I ate for breakfast which I knew wasn't the greatest, but didn't think it was too bad.....I have 95 calories left for the day. Yikes!

It might help you to just track your calories for a week or so to see what "normal" is for you, and THEN try to change your diet to stay within the recommended limit. I've found making too many changes at once = failure for me. Tracking your normal for a week will also let you know when you get hungry, so you can plan for that.

This site is super addictive.....I've found that even when I go on vacation and don't track things, the "geez - I don't want to eat that, I'll have to write it down!" mentality stuck with me. I didn't log anything for a week, didn't really work out at all, and gained about 2# back....which I lost again PDQ after getting back to my normal routine.

Good luck to you!
  • RickyBobby07
    Options
    You can do this, I like to use a quote from some of Adam Sandler's movies, as the guy in the crowd would say " You can do it !!", good luck in your journey.
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    MFP is great. Find some like minded friends to help you along the way.

Good luck!
  • TexasAustinite
    Options
    I've been on here a few weeks and it has really helped me! Just now starting to branch out and add friends; seems like a great community!
  • slybaby
    slybaby Posts: 125
    Options
    MFP keeps you honest! Best of luck to you:)
    :smile: