Fitbit reviews & Recommendations?

Options
JESSJESJ
JESSJESJ Posts: 121 Member
Any suggestions / recommendations on fitbits? any particular models a better value / more useful?

I used to have one a few years ago, I'm looking to replace it...any thoughts would be appreciated.

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,435 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you want to do with it. Check out the reviews at cdrainmaker.com They are really good!
  • JESSJESJ
    JESSJESJ Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • rtogetfit93
    rtogetfit93 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have a Charge HR and love it. I like the 250 an hour step goals, the tap screen, and the silent alarms too- very handy. Tracks my heart rate and calorie burn well, and I love that the app tells you your calorie budget based on actual calorie burn, instead of just general guidelines- it's more personalised. Just my opinion!
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I personally hate the Fitbit. After sending mine in three time for repairs I just threw it away. Two of my coworkers have sent theirs in as well. I bought the Polar Loop almost two years ago and haven't had a single problem with it. I bought the heart rate monitor for it and it works great as well.

https://www.polar.com/us-en

• KeithWhiteJr
    KeithWhiteJr Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I use a Microsoft Band, and, until I cant buy them anymore, I will continue to do so.

Syncs with my Windows Phone perfectly and adds my exercises to MFP.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I have Fitbit charge 2 and love it
    So far no issues.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Fitbit One for 3 years. Gives me all the data I need, but you might want different data.
  • TilKingdomCome
    TilKingdomCome Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I loved all my Fitbits until each and every one failed. Including the numerous owned by the other three members in my family. Some lasted months, others arrived with extremely over aggregated step counts, bubbling bands, screens not working, etc.
    Fitbit customer service is fine until the original product goes past the 12 month warranty even if the replacement is just a week old. Then they are horrible to deal with.

I gave up and now have the Apple Watch. So much better than Fitbit crap and does the same plus more.
  • rjan91
    rjan91 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I loved all my Fitbits until each and every one failed. Including the numerous owned by the other three members in my family. Some lasted months, others arrived with extremely over aggregated step counts, bubbling bands, screens not working, etc.
    Fitbit customer service is fine until the original product goes past the 12 month warranty even if the replacement is just a week old. Then they are horrible to deal with.

I gave up and now have the Apple Watch. So much better than Fitbit crap and does the same plus more.

What sort of things does it do? I currently have the Charge HR and am trying to decide if I want the Charge 2 or just go for the Apple watch. I have a lot of other Apple products so this would make sense. I also believe the new Apple 2 is waterproof?
  • Bmoy87
    Bmoy87 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    gerla_k wrote: »
    I have Fitbit charge 2 and love it
    So far no issues.

One big issue with that device, the vibration is horrible especially if you use the "silent alarm" feature to wake up in the morning you will be late or missing alot of work!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I have a One and I love it. It clips on my bra so I don't have to wear an ugly wristband, battery lasts like 3 weeks on a single charge, and it gives me steps, distance, floors climbed, and sleep data. Mine is two years old and still works as well as the day I bought it. Accurate TDEE estimate too for me.