Help!! What to eat @ Mexican taqueria!

Options
I am about to go have lunch with my best friend (who by the way is Prego, and it's the only reason I let her pick the restaurant), but they have no nurtitional info listed on their website!! Any suggestions on what I could eat that would fill me up for lunch?? P.S. Unfortunately I DO NOT like seafood. :(

Thanks Guys!!

Replies

• J3nnaLyn
    J3nnaLyn Posts: 125
    Options
    What about a taco salad or something? Just think about adding as many veggies as possible and some lean meat (chicken maybe?) and ask for a light dressing! Have a piece of cornbread, but only if you don't eat the salad shell.

Just ideas, that's what I'd do on the fly. Good luck!
  • rainbowbuggy
    rainbowbuggy Posts: 320
    Options
    Chicken fajitas w/o the tortillas.....
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    Fajitas, that way you can eat with or without the tortillas, depending on # of calories to burn. See if they have something healthier to substitute for rice and beans or just ask for it without those, if they come with it, or ask for extra fajita vegetables in their place. BTW - chicken or steak would be good in the fajitas.
  • hatchhome
    hatchhome Posts: 65
    Options
    LOTS OF SALSA, its low. and Margaritas they arnt low but there good.
  • MarshallLuke
    MarshallLuke Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian burrito, hold the cheese is my usual go to meal. Where I usually go the burritos are size of a football, so I can make it into 2 or 3 more meals. Skip the free chips and salsa, or at least go light on them as the are sodium heavy. Or order a appetizer salad and some enchiladas and only eat one of the enchiladas (not super bad, and you have more meals).
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Chicken fajitas w/o the tortillas.....

This! Eat the chicken and veggies right from the serving platter.

No sour cream no cheese

Little refried beans

No Jumbo Margarita (maybe a skinny!! :devil: )

No chips

Salsa on your chicken and veggies if you like.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I vote fajitas without the tortillas.
  • zachmiddleton
    Options
    If you eat tortillas, go with corn (50 cal each) and not flour (100 cal each). If you get salad, you can always cut the dressing completely and use salsa instead, which has almost no calories.
  • auntamama
    auntamama Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Chicken fajita taco salad, minus the shell and sour cream.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Get a couple of tacos........chicken with only cilantro and onion............EASY!
  • thepinas
    thepinas Posts: 38
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I think I'm going for the chicken with lots of veggies and some lemon juice!! :) Ya'll are life savers, and now I'm actually looking forward to lunch :)
  • thepinas
    thepinas Posts: 38
    Options
    Is going with beef fajitas instead of chicken extremely bad??
  • 0SimplymeStacyLea0
    Options
    OMG! My friend treated me to mexican today. I feel likean idiot....I had a beef burrito with cheese and all. I feel miserable right now but it was delish! Wish I would have stuck with something grilled though :ohwell:
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    No that's fine too.

But the beef may not be super lean but I would choose either one. :smile:
  • leslyta
    leslyta Posts: 70
    Options
    veggie fajitas, no tortillas!!
  • ncwingnut71
    ncwingnut71 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I usually go with a spinach burrito. Where I go, they come 2 on a plate and my daughter and I split them. They are 270cals each, if I am thinking right. We get the cheese dip on the side and drizzle a little over it, along with some salsa.