Falling Off The Wagon

Options
Am I the only one who feels like they are the only one who "falls off the wagon" from time to time? I had a donut this morning and knew I shouldn't have. I felt bad the whole time I ate it but just kept eating it. :s Feeling even worse about it now and just feel like I'm the only one who ever does things like this lol Just wondering if I'm the only one who feels like this??? I can be doing so good and then completely blow it a few days later. Does this happen to anyone else? I also feel like I get better and go longer before falling off the wagon the next time, so maybe that's a good thing? I guess we are only human and I'm just soaking in my donut eating guilt. :/

Replies

• xylia1225
    xylia1225 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If you like donuts or other sweets, you should be incorporating that into your diet plan. If it's something you like, why would you deprive yourself of it indefinitely? I'm not saying sit yourself down with a whole box, everything in moderation. The best diet is the one you stick with, so allowing yourself to eat foods you like is a big help. You just need to make sure, at the end of the day, your diet is balanced.
  • chelllsea124
    chelllsea124 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I had a rita's italian ice just open where I live. Best believe I made room for some of that today, and without going over my calories!
  • ayuri17
    ayuri17 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with eating sweets, and you should not feel bad. Let me tell you, I eat either cake, donuts, or pie for breakfast every single day. I have already lost weight, and I feel like dieting is pretty easy because I am not depriving myself.

Just work the sweets into your calorie plan and try to eat well the rest of the day.
  • TorStar80
    TorStar80 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I understand. I feel the same. Despite what everyone says, I'm so determined that if I don't control myself I feel like a failure... but I'm seeing slowly that that's the beauty of this app. Keep track and you'll find that you have room to guilt free indulge here and there while still making your goal.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    as long as it fits in your log it's ok I figure.
    I've fallen off the wagon so many times it happens
  • besmith11
    besmith11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I don't do anything with the word die in it.

Is a donut the most nutrient-dense item that you could have ate that day? No, it's not. However, you cannot beat yourself up over the small things. If restricting yourself is that much is going to cause a lot of guilt like you are experiencing right now, you need to adjust your calories to see if you can add a little bit of those items in. While I don't eat those items for my own diagnosed health reasons, there's no need to keep mentally abusing yourself.
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on working in a donut as an afternoon snack is weekend :smiley:
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is a wagon. I don't think it's about never making mistakes or never eating things just because they taste good. I eat doughnuts and ice cream and all kinds of things just because I like them, but the overall quality of my diet is in good shape so it's okay to incorporate yummy things.

I think it's more like taking a long walk down a path; sometimes you're going straight forward, sometimes you take a few steps back, and sometimes you stand still for a little while. As long as your general progress is in the right direction, you're good.