Bleh... on the first week

Options
I had my first weigh-in today. I've officially finished my first week. And I gained a pound. I'm not too beat up about it since AF arrived 2 days ago and I know I'm always up when she is visiting. So mostly it was just poor timing on that front.

On a positive note, I tracked every day, all the things. And got 3 good workouts in. I went over on my calories the last two days but I was giving myself some leniency since I wanted to eat everything with AF here.

Hopefully a better week next week! I have 15 pounds to lose which I know isn't a ton compared to some, but it seems like a lot to me at this point.

SW:168
CW: 169
GW 154

Height: 5'8"

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    Well at least you know why you're up a pound, there are so many people freak out in the first few weeks when they don't see a loss on the scale. I tend to eat at maintenance the couple of days before shark week. Doesn't have a massive impact except like you've seen yourself a bit of water weight. Keep at it :smile: If you've any interest in a weigh in group for accountability feel free to come join us http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/118368-weekly-weigh-ins-2017
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Yeah hormones /tom/PMS can temporarily wreak havoc on the scale, however in a few days you'll most likely see a nice whoosh :)
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I think you'll be pleasantly surprised in the next two weeks with your progress. Keep on keepin' on!
  • shelly_38
    shelly_38 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I hope I will be pleasantly surprised. Trying to focus in the next 10 days before we leave for vacation. Hoping to eat at maintenance while on vacation. So would like to get a start at a couple pounds before then...
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    If you just started to exercise, this will up your weight temporarily too. For me it lasted more than a month (I'm talking about strength training, not cardio). So in case your period finishes and the weight is not gone - it's the exercise.
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I consider managing to track everything and control yourself during AF during your first is a Major accomplishment - great job!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I consider managing to track everything and control yourself during AF during your first is a Major accomplishment - great job!

Agreed! I get ravenous!
  • meg_mindbody
    meg_mindbody Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    We are pretty much identical in terms of SW, GW and height! Feel free to add me if you'd like, and we can motivate one another!