Well I have reached my goal weight, but i still have some fa

Options
i'm 5'3 and i currently weigh 130 lbs. i thought this would be the perfect weight and i've reached it, but there is still some fat on my abdoment/tummy area that i hate. :(

how the hell do i get rid of this?!! everywhere else on my body is fine, i'm happy with it, but my damn tummy area just isn't as flat as i want it to be.

should i just do more cardio? I figured if I lose another 5 lbs with the help of cardio, it should make it go away.

OR should I do sit ups and crunches and ab work?

bah :(

Replies

• krstal02
    krstal02 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Maybe perform excercising that focus on the tummy area only. Wow and congrats! I should weigh 130lbs for I am 5'3" but I don't know if I could do it. I would be dieting for the rest of my life..... LOL!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    strength training will tone you up! Build more muscle! Now it's not about weight it's about physique :3
  • dwa6388
    dwa6388 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat you are in. I can't get rid of my belly either.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Clean eating. Lots of green leafy vegetables and lighter on the fruit. Cut back on sugars. Flat abs are made in the kitchen. :)
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting, it will help tone you up and get rid of the fat that's hanging around, yes you might weigh more but you'll LOOK smaller, and that's the best part.

Meet Staci, proof of what women CAN do when lifting heavy.
    http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero//

Google, New Rules for Lifting for Women also, it will explain why it's okay and GOOD for women to lift.

What you want to do now is reduce body fat, and sculpt that bod into exactly what you want it to LOOK like, even if the scale goes up (which it should when you lift a lot!)
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I was having the same problem after reaching my goal and then started doing 3 sets of sit ups everyday and this is my last week picture, which seems to be working :-)

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I would suggest just tightening your core and strength train your back muscles more, if you build your back muscles more it will tighten up any loose skin and flab around your waist
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Nope cardio will only get you half way there. I had to add strength training to get the last stubborn areas to tone up......
  • Myra73
    Myra73 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Cardio seems like a good idea, along with toning! Also, check with someone who will be honest with you-- are you just being tough on yourself-- are you tugging on skin and calling it fat? We have some crazy ideas about what our belly areas should look like.
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    should i just do more cardio? I figured if I lose another 5 lbs with the help of cardio, it should make it go away.

OR should I do sit ups and crunches and ab work?
    DEFINITELY do sit-ups/crunches and other ab work - definition will get you there. cardio may help, but nothing (even strength training) "spot reduces"... you just have to build up the muscle underneath... the lower body fat %, the better it will be
  • patssarah
    patssarah Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen.
    you could spend 3 hours in the gym & do 1000 situps a day but chances are you wont get results until you clean up your diet!
  • miaka51
    miaka51 Posts: 10
    Options
    Doing crunches will not get rid of fat in your abdomen, however, it will tone the muscles underneath. Unfortunately, the human body puts on weight in a specific order (different for everyone) and the last place you gain is the first place you lose. So if your face got fat first, it will get skinny first. If your abs were last, well, you get the picture. however, toning up the muscles underneath will contribute to the flat tummy look without actually eliminating any body fat. You will be likely to burn some fat while you gain muscle as well, which is a plus, but dont fret about having a totally flat stomach... its just airbrushing :-)
  • mangirl
    mangirl Posts: 93
    Options
    I am 5'4 130lbs
    I am doing HIIT, weight lifting, calisthenics etc
    I am also eating a deficit
    I want to be 120-115ish that is where my body looks best :P
  • Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    at some point,, if you have lost significant weight and are over 30, a tummy tuck may be the only way to have a flat belly.
  • kamm602
    kamm602 Posts: 18
    Options
    Bjohls knows what she is talking about