100 pounds loss

Options
rosalindrowe56
rosalindrowe56 Posts: 10 Member
edited July 2017 in Success Stories
I know this is late coming, but I am SOOO proud of you. That is NO small accomplishment, best of luck to you and don't let anything or anyone turn you around.... OK this is weird, but then again maybe I'm speaking to myself in the future. Yes I am a real person, and yes, I am on my own personal weight-loss journey, but I have only lost 27 pounds so far. I'm new to this app thing and I was trying to give a complement on someone else's "100 Pound Weight Loss" story. But... as you can see it didn't go that way, And I couldn't take it off the feed, I guess that's what it's called. Sooo... to make the best out of a bad situation, and not misrepresent myself, I am now congratulating myself for my future weight loss goal of losing 100 pounds. Let's just say I'm ahead of my time. When that day finally does arrive for me and hopefully it will be in 2018, I will look back at this day and smile, on how a "fluke" in the process of congratulating someone else, ended up being a future congratulations, I achieved myself. So once again "Good luck Rosalind, you always had it in you, and even though you were trying to congratulate someone else, you ended up congratulating yourself in the future... make it happen in 2018".

Replies

• Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Haha, I love it. Having been through this myself, I know that you can and will do this. Just take it one day at a time and before you know it the days and pounds will add up and you will reach your goal.
  • naomillion
    naomillion Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Yay, you got this Rosalind! 27 pounds sound like you are off to a great start! Keep it up and make yourself proud!
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of turning this around. The key to losing the weight is believing you can do it so this is a great step forward! I lost weight when I finally got a picture of myself in my head skinny. You are going to do it so Congratulations in advance. ;)
  • rosalindrowe56
    Options
    Thank you all for the warm words of encouragement. I also send out warm wishes to each and everyone one of you, on your own personal success together. We can do this
  • bele2009
    bele2009 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You are at the right place. I just passed the 100 mark a few days ago. Never taught I could make it pass 20-30 lbs, the community and friends on MFP were key to my success.
  • Kwas260
    Kwas260 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hilarious, and something I would so do with this confusing app, lol. I love your spin on a technical fluke. I have 100+ to lose. I'm just getting started (again) after a few years of serious health issues and sitting around feeling sorry for myself, over eating. So, despite the need for help walking (not obesity related)...I started hobbling around the neighborhood and even got into my kayak this week. The look on my friends faces when I caught up and paddled past them was worth it. I literally had to dump myself into the water and float to get out but where there's a will, there's a way. So congratulations to healthier, happier us in 2018! If you need encouragement along the way, please add me as a friend.

• rosalindrowe56
    Options
    I thank the two of you also for your words of encouragement, congrats on your hundred pound loss bele2009 that has to be a mind blowing experience, and the best of luck to you Kwas260 on your journey. Together we can do this, thanks again, it really means a lot. Kwas260 I will definitely send out a friend request to you.
  • Dobefan505
    Dobefan505 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking those first important steps toward your goal. I'm also on a long journey, but I can and will do this. I just lost my first 12 pounds in two weeks time but many more to go - but in time they will be gone, because I'm not dieting. I am changing my life habits. Feel free to friend me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!