188lbs On A SlimFast Diet Want To Lose A Baby Weight Mom Of 3 Girls

Options
Hi everyone my name is Amanda I'm almost 24 years old, I'm a mom of 3 beautiful girls 2 natural & one by emergency C-section. Been on a SlimFast diet for about two weeks but only really started keeping track & eating & drinking certain things & to a limit. I was 198lbs so far I have lost 10lbs & looking to feeling comfortable in my own body again after having 3 girls wanting to lose the baby weight my youngest will be 1 on July 15th, 2017 looking for other support & to support other people in this journey to losing weight for all the same & right reasons.

Replies

• Lkav88
    Lkav88 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Well done on the 10lb loss!! That's a great start!!

I am the same weight 188lb and aiming to get down to 135lb - I started at 235lb on 1st Feb.

I find MFP is a great app for losing weight and the people I have met have met have been so supportive :)
  • amandaclairegracepaigesherry3
    Options
    Thank you so much it means a lot to me. & that's amazing you came a long way very inspiring to me to keep going knowing you lost quite a bit. I'm so glad for you keep going feel free to add me I will support you & we can lose this weight together add long with other hopeful people.This is my second day using this App & I love it & it scans what I eat that's amazing add longs well. I have not met anyone on here yet but I hope everyone else is just as amazingly nice add longs you are very nice to meet you :smiley:
  • tlogan122812
    tlogan122812 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    24 years old here. I also have 3 daughters! My youngest turned 1 in may. I gave birth to my 1st girl a month early and weighted 235. My 3rd girl I weighted 210 and dropped to the 190s and stayed there. Now I am 174 and trying to lose 39 more pounds. I sent you a friends request.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Just an old-nosey-gr great mama here piping in ... with cuddoes that you are keeping track of what you eat as a means to losing that baby weight. Back when I was having my babies (60 years ago!) I went of 'fast' weight loss diets that only ended up having me regain more than I lost once I stopped the special foods I was using and started adding back in foods that I had dropped in my weight loss days. Those diets always worked in the short term for me to lose 10-20 pounds, but regaining 15-30 was the result and set up yo-yo dieting that really put the 'screws' to my metabolism. It really is much better for long term health and fitness to do slow loss with moderate cuts in food and moderate increases in weight-bearing activities on a consistent basis. Good luck mama, get slim and gorgeous by your babies 2nd birthday!
  • CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations on your loss so far!
  • amandaclairegracepaigesherry3
    Options
    Thanks everyone & I'm doing a diet that fits how I feel & what the results are with being on this diet I love it & I'm sticking to it. :)
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Due to be Gt G-ma in November here. I second Nicion. The approach to weight loss was different all that time ago, crash diets were what to do. We've been to the quick fix which turned out not to be. I want better, the best for the now generation.

Congratulations on your losses so far. When you can, feel able, in order to set your girls good food examples, please show them, you, anyone, can maintain on a good balanced diet. I've seen young women messed up by their mothers poor examples.

When, If you get time around caring for your bundles of fun, please make nutrition one of your interests, so you are in the best condition you can be for the majority of your life. Live life to the full.