145 Pounds Lost since January 3rd

Options
On January 1st of this year, I committed (for the second time) to get this weight off. The last time I tried, back in 2012, I managed to lose 116 pounds before a physical ailment derailed my progress and drove me to the brink of suicide. Needless to say, I made it past the ailment, but I never found my motivation to start back on my program. At least, not until this year. I had put all the weight back on except for 9 pounds.

On January 3rd, I weighed and got started again. Shortly after I started, I had a recurrence of cellulitis in my leg (Cellulitis was the precursor to what derailed me the first time.) Anyway, I worked very hard and made it past the problem. I haven't looked back since. I have lost 145 pounds since I started. My goal is to lose 25 pounds... and another 25 pounds... and another. Small, attainable goals that are easy enough to achieve, but also large enough to push me. One day, one pound, one goal at a time.

ZKZsspg.jpg

Replies

• norahkathleen
    norahkathleen Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Incredible work! and inspiring...thank you!
  • SweetP27
    SweetP27 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Love that quote by Thomas Payne! Great job - very inspiring!
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Dude! Awesome!

I love it. Well done. If that's your son in that picture he's looking at you with proud eyes and at some point he's going to realize that the change you're making is giving him so much.
  • KeepGoingTommy
    KeepGoingTommy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The young man with me is my nephew, Noah. I have no children, but he is pretty darn close. Such a great kid!
  • nanainlaca
    nanainlaca Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • bele2009
    bele2009 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Well done! You are on the right track.
  • mamma22ski
    mamma22ski Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!!
  • ph1881
    ph1881 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • diggswood
    diggswood Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Incredible. You are amazing. You have inspired me!!
  • carterbrent
    carterbrent Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look so much more fit!
  • TorStar80
    TorStar80 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Wtg sir.
  • suetour
    suetour Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    that's so awesome, keep up the great work.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Indeed, keep it up and don't let anything, even a debilitating injury, knock you off track. One my mfp friends has lost over 400 lb so far and you can, too.
  • amandallee
    amandallee Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I love that you set small goals to see the big picture! So inspiring!
  • shanegisclair1
    shanegisclair1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How tall are you if you dont mind me asking
  • girlgroves
    girlgroves Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work! And what a great attitude - keep it up!
  • vkmango4
    vkmango4 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Incredible! Keep up the great work!!
  • JudyKenova1
    JudyKenova1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow! Incredible. You keep going and change the future of your health okay :) Just keep chugging!
  • debisjazz
    debisjazz Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    WOW! Good for you! You seem to have a great attitude toward this lifestyle change.
  • t25wak
    t25wak Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You are amazing. I hope you remind yourself of how well you are doing every single day. The only way to change your life is to CHANGE things - and you have proved this a thousand times over.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!