Has anyone tried the gnc two shake plan?

Options
What were your results and what snacks did you eat between shakes? It's my first time doing something like this. I would love some inspiration!

Replies

• Angelbeby
    Angelbeby Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I know but I actually don't have time and portion control wise I go so overboard. I'm still eating a great dinner. Just need something easy to get me started.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    is that the GNC lean shakes? I don't use them to replace meals but I love them in addition to meals... especially the banana one <3
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    You could save a lot of money by just getting a protein powder from any store and replacing one meal (such as breakfast) with it.
    Two days ago, someone complained that this Lean shake made them sick. Make sure that the shake you buy does not have artificial sweeteners like sucralose if you are allergic to that. Careegenan is another ingredient that can make some people sick.
  • rachnh
    rachnh Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I like them for occasional meal replacement (4-5x a month) but I have recently started getting the Premier Protein ready to drink protein drinks and use them for breakfast quite often. They're less expensive and taste pretty good, my goto is chocolate. They're 160 calories per drink. I get a pack of 12 at sams club and it lasts me about 2 weeks and has a good amount of protein, low in fat and carbs so I can have a piece of fruit or something with it if it's gonna be a while until I eat. I have also gone the powder route before but I've found that I prefer to be able to grab and go with no prep at all so I've migrated to the ready to drink options. In the Lean shakes I like the banana and vanilla bean.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Angelbeby wrote: »
    I know but I actually don't have time and portion control wise I go so overboard. I'm still eating a great dinner. Just need something easy to get me started.

Are you weighing food and logging the calories you eat? If you're not eating at a calorie deficit, you won't lose weight.

And if you're not eating at least 1200 calories a day (for small women), you're going to crash and burn. That's what happens with crash diets and kickstarting one.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options

Prep food in advance if you don't have time on the day, I can prep almost a weeks worth of meal and snacks in 2-3 hours on a Sunday. Then they are all ready in the fridge, freezer and snack basket to grab and go during the week. It doesn't have to be bland chicken and veg. Today I have a falafel and halloumi wrap with salad and I had homemade soup yesterday.
  • ActionAnnieJXN
    ActionAnnieJXN Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    rachnh wrote: »
    I like them for occasional meal replacement (4-5x a month) but I have recently started getting the Premier Protein ready to drink protein drinks and use them for breakfast quite often. They're less expensive and taste pretty good, my goto is chocolate. They're 160 calories per drink. I get a pack of 12 at sams club and it lasts me about 2 weeks and has a good amount of protein, low in fat and carbs so I can have a piece of fruit or something with it if it's gonna be a while until I eat. I have also gone the powder route before but I've found that I prefer to be able to grab and go with no prep at all so I've migrated to the ready to drink options. In the Lean shakes I like the banana and vanilla bean.

I like the Premier Protein shakes too. I don't generally use them as a meal replacement, but I use them for all kinds of things - add the vanilla one to my coffee instead of cream, make a filling snack by mixing it with almond milk and doubling the amount for only about 30 calories more, mix them with sugar free pudding mix for a yummy, high protein dessert - all good. :-)
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I have 2 shakes a day however they are used to allow me to hit my protein goal as part of my diet.
  • Angelbeby
    Angelbeby Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow I'm learning a lot on how you can use these shakes. Thanks so much for your feedback.
  • TheJourneyToFabulous
    TheJourneyToFabulous Posts: 381 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I don't know why people insist on shake diets etc when it is so easy once you learn CICO. I wouldn't feel as if I had anything to eat if I was having shakes. Fair enough to meal replace maybe one meal or so
  • ansmit4642014
    ansmit4642014 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I tried it but ended up using them as protien powder cause I would be starving. I would recommend just buying a protien powder
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I tried it but ended up using them as protien powder cause I would be starving. I would recommend just buying a protien powder

Not if she's looking for a meal replacement (for 2 meals) though. Protein supplements provide extra protein.

OP - you could start with a high quality protein powder & make your own liquid "meal." You would want to add fat & fiber too. Many people blend veggies and fruit (micro-nutrients) oats, coconut oil.....but with all that you may as well just prep food.
  • AgidGirl
    AgidGirl Posts: 138 Member
    Options

Please don't take this the wrong way but what is going to change after you stop drinking the shakes? Are you planning on drinking them forever?