LCHF macro

Options
How much should I aim for if I'm trying LCHF, mfp automatically sets it to 200g. Should I be aiming for lower than that? I started on Monday and its going great, just have carb withdrawal a bit. Lost 800g since Monday, still maintaining the calculated 1600cal diet. Just not sure if I should lower the carb intake more or not

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    200 grams of carbs is definitely not low carb. 100 or 150 grams is low carb, 20 grams is keto. Lower carb goal/intake if you want to; you may have to try it to see how it's working for you. It's only about preference; you won't lose any faster eating the same amount of calories; calories is what makes you lose, gain or maintain weight.

Carb withdrawal isn't a thing, but make sure you're not undereating, not dehydrated, be careful with cutting caffeine, and taking in enough fat and salt.
  • RocheBeukes
    RocheBeukes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you, was keeping the carb intake to about 20g. Just wasn't sure if I was on the right track
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    reset your goals manually to 5% carbohydrate ( = 20g carbs ) 20 or 25 % protein and the rest fat. (Steps are 5% on free version).