Round steak recipes

Options
aryanam98
aryanam98 Posts: 3 Member
Need some recipes using round steak! Would like a full recipe including instructions please or a link I can look at and follow. Thanks :)

Replies

• Riskay123
    Riskay123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    It's a cheaper cut of meat that is normally cooked slowly to make it tender.
  • Riskay123
    Riskay123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Slow cooked beef os my fav. So tender and tasty.
  • rdevol
    rdevol Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I usually put it in the crockpot to tenderize it. Sometimes I'll dump a can of chopped tomatoes and a few spices over it and just let it cook. Gives it a good flavor. Or I'll mix a can of cream of mushroom soup with 1/2 packet of onion soup mix and spread it over the top in the crockpot - tasty!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Round steak is a cut of beef from the rear end. It is more oval than round. It consists of bottom round, the tenderest part, top round, a little tougher, and eye of round, toughest of all. It is often cut into pieces, tenderized, and sold as minute steak.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
  • GottaluvFood
    GottaluvFood Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Onion smothered steak

1/5 lb round steak
    1/4 c flour
    3/4 salt
    1/8 pepper
    2-3 tbl veg oil
    1/4 t dried thyme
    2 medium onions, sliced (can't have too much)
    1 cup water
    1 Tbl vinegar
    1 clove garlic
    1 bay leaf

pound steak to 1/2-inch thickness; cut into 3/4 inch wide strips. Combine flour, salt, pepper. Dredge steak in flour mixture; brown in hot oil in a large skillet.

Add remaining ingredients. Bring mixture to boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour or until steak is tender. Remove bay leaf beore serving.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Bump. Gonna try this. Love onions!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Riskay123 wrote: »
    It's a cheaper cut of meat that is normally cooked slowly to make it tender.

I still dont know what a round steak is. Any steak can be cut round from eye to tenderloin.

A round steak is a beef steak from the "round", the rear leg of the cow. It's also called topside, or sometimes silverside.
  • Legalee
    Legalee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Before going on a Keto Diet, I would slice the steak across, like you would carving a roast, not down. usually getting 3 thin slices of steak per steak. I cut those 3 slice into serving sizes. I would dip the thin slices in seasoned flour (pepper, salt garlic, onion powder, etc) than in egg and than in bread crumbs or cracker crumbs. Quick fry just till brown. You can freeze at this point or serve as is.I pop them in the oven on a tray to finish. If I had some in the freezer I would put in the oven to cook and add a gravy or cream sauce to them when serving. Fork tender. Makes you $$$ stretch, serves more than a regular steak would.