p90x people - how do you log them in?

Options
I started p90x last week. I don't have a HRM, so I tend to just get a general estimate from logging things in on here. I was wondering what people use to log in each dvd, though? Last week I logged each one in as calisthenics, except for kenpo which I put as kickboxing.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I did what you did til I got an HRM. Sorry I can't be of any help.
  • Moonblood
    Moonblood Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a HRM when I first starting P90X, but finally got one after wanting to know how much I really did burn.
  • vinlop
    vinlop Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I don't have a HRM yet, but I have been doing P90X since I started MFP. I made my own entry under cardio exercises called P90X and when I enter it, I usually put either 400 - 450 calories based on how hard I feel I worked out. I think it is a low estimate, but I would rather be too low, than too high.
  • KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    per some info i've read at beachbody.com and other sites, they estimate 600 calories burnt per DVD. But the only real way to know for sure is to get and use a HRM. That's what I do and for some DVDs I burn a bunch more than 600 cal and for others a little under.

How's your P90X journey going so far?
  • deanmarino
    deanmarino Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    High Impact Aerobics was a good gauge for me until I got my HRM. The numbers were pretty close on most days compared to the HRM but that is best way to do it. After you get a HRM then you create the exercises and put in the calories burned from there. Please let me know if you have any other questions I may help you with.

Regards,
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I did the same. I think I did Shoulders & Arms as weightlifting. Once I dug out my HRM and started using it, I saw that calories were not that far off from what MFP used. HRM said more than MFP, so I used MFP so I would be padding my actual calorie burn.
  • ericaolsen
    Options
    Thank you for your replies everybody. I really want a HRM, but unfortunately don't have the funds for one at this point.

P90x is the one workout I can honestly say I get a rush of endorphins afterwards. And even though I took 2 days off from it (which I regret) I am modifying less and less which means I'm getting stronger, which is exactly what I'm looking for. Has anyone completed it?
  • vinlop
    vinlop Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 10. The more I get into it, the less I want to take any days off. The one exception I have is the stretch days. I don't use the video because I really don't think I get that much out of it. I really enjoy yoga and I think that gives me an excellent stretch too.

I think my favorite video is the Core Synergistics.