1 Year + 1 "Trick" = -1 lb/week

Options
ShelleyElise
ShelleyElise Posts: 33 Member
A little over a year ago around my birthday, I had a week-long vacation to London with my husband and some friends. It was absolutely wonderful and amazing, except for how terrible I felt. All of my joints were aching, I was incredibly fatigued, could not think clearly/remember things, and had such terrible digestive pain/distress that I had to leave the music festival we had planned the whole trip around before the main band even came on.

When we got back home to Texas, I knew I had to take my health more seriously. I was sliding into a new age bracket, and the way I felt was not the future I wanted as I got older.

I thought of the movie Moneyball, and how the biggest factor of winning was getting to first base. The most basic element of that game is what indicates you win when you look at the statistics. I have been chubby/heavy my whole life, and have tried many different diets and programs. So, for this recommencement of “the game,” I realized there was only going to be one way for me to do this, the one way that had given me success in the past: tracking absolutely everything I consumed, and this time I was going to be consistent about it.

Everything: every oz of any drink, every supplement, every medication, every little Jolly Rancher, every food I knew hardly had any calories anyway. Tracking these things and then paying attention to how my body reacted allowed me to discover some food sensitivities/inflammation I had not realized before. I now have certain things I know I shouldn't eat (gluten, large amounts of fructose, more than a few sips of alcohol, and artificial sweeteners) because my body cannot handle them well.

How I feel today is a complete 180 from how I felt one year ago. My joints don't ache like they used to, I can think more clearly, my hair/skin/nails are so much healthier, I’m no longer anemic nor in a vitamin deficiency, etc.

There were days I did not eat at a deficit, days I was not within my macros, days where I did not eat any vegetables. There were very few days I was perfect and followed all the guidelines. However, I did, every day, record what I put in my mouth.

I’m down 51.6 lbs.—about a pound a week (although that is NOT how it went). I’m excited as I feel good enough that I am going to start a Kenpo class in August and when it gets cooler again, weight lifting. Now for some pictures –

fy6zxuz9skzs.jpg

ylij3yuam4tx.jpg

itdzpmdz7kaw.jpg

a4zf6b7loatq.jpg

otk9kud4l6jb.jpg

ha7rcs7i0bi0.jpg

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look terrific! And that dress in the Fall 2016 picture?!? <3<3<3
  • vkmango4
    vkmango4 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! I Love the dress in spring 2017! :)
  • debisjazz
    debisjazz Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look amazing, and healthy. :smile:
  • MysticGoalie
    MysticGoalie Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Fantastic <3
  • jpiccolo0609
    jpiccolo0609 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story! Very inspirational. Congratulations on your success. You look great!
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I love your approach- it is very inspiring to me. Thank you. I also love the fall dress!
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • MidModJenn
    MidModJenn Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! And love your style -- the Spring 2017 dress is totes adorbs!
  • chubhon
    chubhon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I'm looking for inspiration and found it in your story!
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your insight and great work on the weight loss!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Way to stick with it!!
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Great job! I too think of my weight loss averaged out even if it didn't happen that way.
  • Amyfinch0
    Amyfinch0 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great work! :)
  • bri_fitnessjourney
    bri_fitnessjourney Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You look amazing girl! Keep up the great work ☺
  • SueFlanaganVT
    SueFlanaganVT Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Your approach and realness is refreshing and admirable. The "tip" and your success has inspired me. I have tracked for 82 days straight and I am proud of that. I think your plan of EVERYTHING is my next step. Tracking has been my No. 1 tool in losing over this time and I am ready for the next level. I have lost weight in the past and wonder if always tracking, even after goal, will be the key to maintenance. Again, you have inspired me and I thank you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!