Well I WAS in a good mood......

Options
kenzienal
kenzienal Posts: 205 Member
Woke up in a great mood this morning. No worries on my mind, just going about my daily routine.

At work, I causally mentioned to a fellow employee that I kinda wanted a slice of pizza for lunch. He responded by calling me the name of a girl who constantly fusses about wanting to lose weight, but constantly eats out/eats terribly. Its meant as an insult.

I reminded him that I have lost 20lbs this year, eat healthy 90% of the time, rarely eat out, and havent had pizza in months. AND I don't complain about my weight at work, or talk about my diet/fitness at work with them.

He says "i guess its okay to have a cheat day every once in a while". Okay dude, just because you got back in the gym a week ago doesn't mean you are the Know-It-All of Diets and Fitness.

I have a 1500 daily calorie limit. After my 800cal dinner I have already logged (and overestimated), I still have 700 cal left over since I don't eat breakfast! Its not a freaking cheat day, IT FITS IN MY CALORIES!

So then I walk into another department and another coworker says "you look really tired, is everything okay?"

I felt fine, i thought i looked fine,....... but whatever.

Stop killing my good mood, people.

Replies

• browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    Tell him to *kitten* off.
  • imanibelle
    imanibelle Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. :( Yes, people certainly can be judgmental and act as if they know everything about the way you eat or what you're doing. I think everyone experiences that at least once.
    Don't let it ruin a perfectly good day, though. It's not worth it.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Some people are dicks. I personally don't justify how I eat or not eat to anyone. I'm grown.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    tell him that you want to *kitten* his *kitten* and then *kitten* & *kitten* his *kitten* while you *kitten*

..... then 15 minutes later, tell him that you've changed your mind
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    ... and then you got a FR from @abetterme9366 ?
  • kenzienal
    kenzienal Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Ive always considered myself to have thick skin when it comes to those type of comments outside of the immediate friends/family, but today it just struck a nerve.

Lately I have heard a bunch of similar comments, and not sure why. I am 5'6 and 139.2lbs as of this morning. Im not obese. I never eat breakfast, and eat lots of chicken. My weight loss has been slow but consistent to my eating habits so I feel like I have a pretty good grip on things. Lately I have been questioning whether my goal of 135lbs needs to be lowered more. 4lbs away and not feeling "accomplished" as much as I had hoped. So that could be where the sensitivity is coming into play I guess.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Ugh. That's irritating. I'm sorry that dude blew your good Friday mood.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    You look great. Haters gonna hate. Don't sweat it.
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with eating pizza for lunch...just count the calories.

I wish I was there and could have thought of something snarky to tell him ha ha...

Congrats on your 20 pound weight loss!
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    Whatever. Eat your pizza