Thoughts on occasional days of few calories....

Options
From time to time (probalby less than once a month) I have a day where I eat breakfast and then just get busy/stressed/whatever and don't eat. Then suddenly its like 8 or 9pm and I am still not interested in food but feel I have to eat. Is this really a problem? On those days I tend to make poor choices about what I am eating. Like eating just to get calories. I'd rather just start over the next day.

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Keep healthy grab and go snacks so you aren't too busy to eat. Bags of portioned out nuts or trail mix are fantastic, lots of high quality calories and fat. String cheese or Mini Babybells are also good when on the go, cups of yogurt, etc.
  • bjajdtk
    bjajdtk Posts: 25
    Options
    Nuts are NOT an option in my life due to my daughters allergy. I also hesitate to take spoilable things out and about. I don't have a problem when I am home. thanks for the suggestion though.
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    i consider those days bonuses and don't worry about it. as long as it isn't once a week. I am like you and if I decide to eat I think "oooooooo i have 1000 calories" and then eat bad things right before bed. I would rather not eat and move on.