Movie Theater Popcorn

Options
I'm looking for the total amount of cups in a large bucket/tub of movie theater popcorn from Marcus Theaters. I know the individual numbers per cup, but I want to know how many cups are in the tub. Thanks in advance for anyone who can give me the answer! :)<3

Replies

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    LadyLilion wrote: »
    Ask the theater. They'll tell you. Prepare to be shocked.

Yep if you have to ask might be better off skipping.
  • Packergal27
    Packergal27 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Lilion and John. I didn't eat the whole tub, I shared it with my husband. I used a plastic cup for water and counted how many of those I had, so I know I had 6 cups. I am asking because I want to know how many cups were left, so we know how many my husband ate.
  • chelllsea124
    chelllsea124 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, don't do it. it's not worth it. smuggle your own.
  • rlarkin591
    rlarkin591 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    buy the small, most places have free refills so you can go back if you just HAVE to have it
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Oh man - movie theater poocorn is my kryptonite. We go to the movies only 2-3 times a year, and I will save up all week for a large popcorn (on my own - don't judge me. Lol) and a few beers. Just under 2,000 calories
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options

Lies. Movie theater popcorn drowned in delicious liquid butter is amazing. I have no guilt putting down a crap ton of it when I go to the movies. Sooooo good.
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    When I started airpopping my own and making ghee and using that instead of butter, I realized that it tasted to me WAY better than the crappy theatre popcorn here. Something about the ghee's flavour just made the popcorn so much better to me! That said, if I get dragged to It in the theatres, I will probably save my calories up for the bucket of popcorn and milk duds because I'm going to need something to distract me...

As others said - there will be a lot of cups probably in 1 bucket. The theatre will hopefully know an estimate.
  • chelllsea124
    Options

Lies. Movie theater popcorn drowned in delicious liquid butter is amazing. I have no guilt putting down a crap ton of it when I go to the movies. Sooooo good.

I don't know if it's the fake butter, but movie theater popcorn always makes me sick. i've never been able to eat it.
  • chelllsea124
    Options

Yes it is.. I love movie popcorn. And smuggling snacks is wrong. That's how the theatre makes their money.

There are a lot of things in this world that are wrong.... sheesh
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Lilion and John. I didn't eat the whole tub, I shared it with my husband. I used a plastic cup for water and counted how many of those I had, so I know I had 6 cups. I am asking because I want to know how many cups were left, so we know how many my husband ate.

I can't help with the cups, but my local movie theater has the nutritional information posted on the board where you order the snacks now and I remember a large popcorn being around 1100 calories.

I'd just guesstimate the rest. Like say you think you ate half the popcorn then guesstimate half the calories.
  • work_on_it
    work_on_it Posts: 251 Member
    Options

Yes it is.. I love movie popcorn. And smuggling snacks is wrong. That's how the theatre makes their money.

^^^^^^^^ This. Movie theater popcorn is the BEST. I get mine without butter... and its still the best! I drop approx 3 cups in my shirt, and its still there! Be good the rest of the week and meals and get an extra workout in - then EAT THAT POPCORN!

nom nom nom!

(yeah... and don't smuggle)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any movie popcorn in over a year, and am glad for the change. Movies cost half as much to see and I stay within my calorie budget and macros without that supersize stuff wiping out 2 decent meals.
  • chelllsea124
    Options
    Every time I got to the movies, it's $10.50 to see the movie and then $5 for a drink, $5 for candy, and $9 for popcorn.

I haven't been in well over a year.
  • work_on_it
    work_on_it Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Every time I got to the movies, it's $10.50 to see the movie and then $5 for a drink, $5 for candy, and $9 for popcorn.

I can't argue that. Admittedly, I only go to the movies once a year or so. It is CRAY expensive, but i love Star Wars too :tongue:

Since its such a rare trip... i def get the tub of popcorn.
  • chelllsea124
    Options
    work_on_it wrote: »

I can't argue that. Admittedly, I only go to the movies once a year or so. It is CRAY expensive, but i love Star Wars too :tongue:

Since its such a rare trip... i def get the tub of popcorn.

I think I'll go again when Avatar 2 comes out..... in 2020 :p
  • chelsea22222
    chelsea22222 Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Wow that's actually cheap. In Canada it's $18,50 for a ticket. And for the combo, popcorn drink candy it's $22. :( if you want real butter it's an extra dollar for the top and dollar for the middle.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options

Literally my husband and I went two weeks ago $10.50 a ticket each $5 for a slushie for him, $3 for a water bottle $9 for popcorn and then another like $5 on a box of candy SERIOUSLY?!

Yeah I bring in my own candy sometimes, I still buy the popcorn but common, I can get the same candy for a dollar somewhere else.
  • chelllsea124
    Options
    Wow that's actually cheap. In Canada it's $18,50 for a ticket. And for the combo, popcorn drink candy it's $22. :( if you want real butter it's an extra dollar for the top and dollar for the middle.

Good gracious!!!