Love handles, urgh!

Options
My waist size is dropping and obviously my weight, but these damn love handles don't want to budge. I'm starting to get frustrated. My waist is around a 29, and my love handles are at least a 34! I do body combat twice a week (which is kicking, punching, jumping and a lot of lunges), I also do step class with a 6-8 inch step twice a week, yoga once a week, and plenty of walking my dog. I also do a core (abdomen) class, thinking that would help the buldge in that area, but no luck there either! Any advice for me? Thanks!

Replies

• doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    "weighted side bends" and "side planks" are the ONLY things that seem to be working for me.....
  • chubbyandawkward
    Options
    Do this video 3-5 times a week and see if it does anything?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVWZAjHM328&feature=player_embedded
  • Caseyanna
    Caseyanna Posts: 53
    Options
    OMG that video looks BRUTAL! But if it's what I gotta do, I'll do it!!! Thanks both of you!
  • myurav
    myurav Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    have you tried jillian michaels' 30 day shred? it's a 20 minute workout that i've found to be pretty effective. i'm halfway through the program and lost about 2.5 inches around my hips.

to be honest, i would love to have a 34 inch hip! can't wait til i get closer to that :)
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm sure that you can do this exercise, just try it and I'm positive that it will help you for your love handles. :-)
    Follow the link :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuChSnGqyMU

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Caseyanna
    Caseyanna Posts: 53
    Options
    I will definitely look into that! And that was a typo, hips are 37.5!
  • myurav
    myurav Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    that 3 minute video looks good. to be honest, the JM video has a lot of the same exercises, so it should work! good luck :)
  • BughaBear
    BughaBear Posts: 201
    Options
    I have the same problem and I looked at the video and will def be tryin it out thanx for the question and the video
  • countrygirl_717
    Options
    bump