Talking myself down from eating a SECOND ice cream sandwich

Options
I'm in Washington, DC and it is hella hot. I just finished a very healthy lunch that unfortunately for me, did not have enough fat or protein to satisfy my fat/sweet tooth (it was a measly arugula salad). BAH!

That's when I reached for the ice cream sandwich. One is a guilty pleasure (check), two is overdoing it and three (which I have done before) is gluttony in my book.

Blasted belly fat, be gone!

I'm going to go have a glass of water, get back to job hunting and go to bikram yoga to stave off the craving.

Thanks for listening.

Replies

• callmefor911
    callmefor911 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    step away from the ice cream sandwich.. LOL.. I know what u mean hot I am about an hour from dc.. so much fun..good luck to u..
  • TheresaRichardson
    Options
    You GO, girl! What a way to talk yourself into healthy options. Maybe a protein snack later this afternoon -i.e. cheese stick, yogurt....

Have a GREAT day! Stay cool....
  • go2grrl
    go2grrl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. Even one Skinny Cow just makes me want another one. So instead of buying those, we buy ice cream and as soon as I get home from the grocery store I parcel it out into half cup containers and toss them into the freezer. Then we eat them with a tiny espresso spoon. It takes longer to eat and we've never go back for another one. It's a mind game for sure, but it works for us.