High-calorie lunch ideas?

Options
Asking for my husband who is trying to bulk. He uses MFP but doesn't use the forums. He is goaled at 3000 calories per day (he's tall, plus has a fairly active job) but seems to fall short often.

What are good, easy lunch ideas that pack in the calories? Most of the time we are grabbing lunch on the way out the door, (way too easy to grab a can of soup!) but he is open to cooking some food the night before and taking it for lunch the next day.

Thanks!

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Dinner leftovers? Cook enough to take for lunch.
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Dinner leftovers? Cook enough to take for lunch.

We do that often, however I am trying to lose weight and eating low-calorie, so it can be a bit hard to find something that works for both of us! Usually I just give him a larger portion :)
  • Jockamo319
    Jockamo319 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    The most helpful change for me was making sure I didn't wait till lunch to start eating. On busy mornings, I grab an instant oatmeal and glass of milk when I wake up, and take a banana and protein bar with me as I walk out the door, for about 600 calories. That's 20% of your 3000 calories with almost no time or effort.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. He takes a big protein shake for breakfast every morning and eats lots of snacks (like nuts & pretzels) throughout the day. He is looking for lunch-specific ideas though.
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Carl's Jr. Famous Star with cheese, medium fries, Dr. Pepper. 1,250 cals. ;)
  • dalerst
    dalerst Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Chicken wraps, full of protein and packed with carbs. Add some mayo and you have the fats as well. Tuna and pasta, salmon and rice! All full of good nutrition. Add salad and veg to them!
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    PB&J double-stacked, whole avocados, steak and rice burrito, trader joe's wine country chicken salad, bagel sandwiches, raisin bagels, pizza bagels, cold pizza, lasagne.... I'm hungry.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I typically do like grilled chicken and then vegetables and rice for a go-to meal - but I have ready access to a microwave (does he?)
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Georgia Mud Fudge Blizzard, with 690 calories in a small and 1,470 calories in a large at Dairy Queen.
  • joeybrid
    joeybrid Posts: 65 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Knew atleast one person would say grilled chicken and vegetables

McDonald's or Wendy's
  • emerge71
    emerge71 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Eat everything besides the kitchen sink
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Chipotle for that big *kitten* 1300 calorie burrito...
  • Jiren95
    Jiren95 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    1) 1 cup of brown rice
    2) 1 and a half cup of chicken
    3) A half avocado
    *I also eat it with pecans to boost up my caloric intake*

Total calories: around 720 to 740
    Carbs: 52g
    Fat: 28g
    Protein: 78g