Any fellow Military wives or Southern Belles out there??!

Options
Hello, ya'll! I've used MFP a couple of times before, but never really utilized all the great benefits from it other than tracking my calories. Being a SAHM allowed for alot more 'me' time, but after taking on the task of going back to college and starting a new job has taken up alot of my extra time! I recently went to a lap-band seminar. My PCM gave me the referral. But, I just can't do anything that drastic. I've lost the weight 2x before....in 2005 and in 2007...before and after the birth of my daughter. Life has thrown some hard blows in the past few years though, and my health just took the back burner. I'm an Army wife, southern belle at heart, full-time mom, banker, and student....exercising has taken a back-burner over the past few years....

BUT.....now i'm back.....finding my way again.....digging deep for the descipline that I used to have.

Good luck to everyone!

Replies

• jlembry
    jlembry Posts: 18
    Options
    Navy wife here... feel free to add me!
  • jemko
    jemko Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Southern Belle here, reporting for duty! :drinker:
  • lissarv68
    lissarv68 Posts: 61
    Options
    LOL @ the reporting for duty.

ME! I'm a Louisiana girl, Navy vet, married to my very own sailor for the past 10 years.

Feel free to add me, we can discuss awesome /sarcasm deployments and this nonstop talk about freezing our pay *grumbles*.

Plus how do you eat right when they are deployed when you barely have time to breath!?
  • tlzidon
    tlzidon Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have filled the boots of both the military member (as Army and current Air Guard) and spouse. Never the SAH part though I do have 2 young children and can understand the juggling act it takes. Until this spring, I was balancing it all too, full time work, single mom, and full time student. I know how much you can lose yourself in just day to day life. Glad you found this site and would gladly take a friend request from you. At least I can understand the Army lingo although I am sure a lot has changed since I switched over way back in 1998.
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Navy wife here too! i still havent lost the baby weight from my 1st child whos almost 7:( 2 more kids later and im at my highest weight ive EVER been NOT pregnant! Looking to loose 15lbs by the beg of OCT since that will be oldest and youngest son's bdays:) You my add me if u like!
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    AF wife here.. hubby is currently in Honduras until the end of December... so it's just me and the animals right now, but I have to say it's much easier to diet and I don't feel bad if I spend a lot of time out of the house because he isn't home. Also a southern belle I suppose... I was raised in the south (Charleston, SC) but dad was from Maine and mother is Scottish lol.
  • murphyk1917
    murphyk1917 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Southern Belle here! Feel free to add me.
  • jamesysmom
    jamesysmom Posts: 38
    Options
    I consider myself a southern belle cause I was born and raised in North Carolina, Ive never been married to someone in the military and cant even imagine the stress that comes with being a wife of someone in the military. I do however understand what its like to be a single mom of three kids one of which is almost 17 so yes she is driving :noway: and i also have a 13 year old son and another son who will be 9 in september:noway: . Im in a relationship with a great guy and he is super supportive. If you would like you can add me cause we all need all the support we can get , plus im starting back to school in the fall to continue on my way to becoming a nurse. I would also like to say thank you to all those who serve and to the families that serve with them . Yall are all in my prayers and have all the gratitude I can give .
  • cbond74
    cbond74 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Air Force Wife and I currently live in the South...South Carolina! Love to be added you and others for support!!