New mommy!

Options
I am a new mum and i want to lose weight but my child has colic so that means crying 24/7 this means i dont have time to prepare meals as i am always holding him. Any help on quick meals thatll help?

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    dont overcomplicate it, All you need to lose weight is eat less. Even if that means tv dinners. That said my go to meal is just a potato a salmon fillet and some frozen veg. Anything works can precook and freeze and then just throw a meal together from pretty much anything. I just like veg and fish. Even just a bowl of frozen veg with siracha, Takes 3 minutes.
  • RockinLowCarbs
    RockinLowCarbs Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ive only just been able to comtemplate dieting now bub is 13 months and sleeping through night. When i was getting up frequently i was tired and craved SUGAR all the time! Now i am more rested i have started low carb and sugar cravings have gone. I think its very hard to worry about diet if u are sleep deprived. Good luck!
  • diana0x1
    diana0x1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Do you have a partner or other family who would help by preparing things you can just get out of the fridge/freezer and microwave? The colic thing does eventually settle. My eldest was the same, people including dr and health visitor would say it disappears at about 4 months, yeah right I thought, but you know what it did almost 4 months to the day, from then on he was a happy cheerful baby. Good luck.

Oh my goodness 4 months?! I dont have a partner and my mum is great help but she cooks really unhealthy meals. Is there anything you used for the colic?
  • AMV91
    AMV91 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My best advice for you is to baby wear! Babes will be close to you, feeling held, but you will have your hands free. Saved my life with my first, I'm due in 4 weeks and baby wearing will save me again.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Have you considered a baby carrier?
    When my son was little i used a stretchy wrap (boba) so i could pop him in and be hands free to get the chores done or when out and about. He was 15 weeks premature very irritable and had colic and reflux
    I found gripe water worked best for him

I still carry my son now at 18 months in a connecta on my back