Active packed lunch

Options
kitinboots
kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
My dad arrives tomorrow for a two week stay, during which we will be hiking, rock climbing, ice climbing, doing via ferratas etc. Now in the past every morning I would prepare us each a par-baked half baguette with chicken or cheese or something. We would wrap them in tin foil, pop them in a rucksack, and head off to the destination in the car, where we would eat lunch before starting the via ferrata etc.
This time I don't want to eat a half baguette everyday, but I don't want to cart round any Tupperware either. The nice thing about the sandwiches was that after eating we were just left with a little tin foil to carry. Plus, being baguettes, they wouldn't squash at all in transit.
Any ideas for other filling and nutritional lunches that pack up conveniently?

Replies

• kitinboots
    Options
    And please don't suggest trail mix or other snacks. I mean the real main part of my lunch, not snacks.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Pita pockets are pretty sturdy as a "bread" goes.. you could use that in place of the bagutte. You can stuff if with anything you'd like.
  • leftymac
    leftymac Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hard-boiled eggs would be good for protein.
  • kitinboots
    Options
    Thanks. Great ideas, keep them coming! :)
  • sjacoby123
    Options
    I noticed on your ticker you started in March at 246 lbs and have already lost that much??
    I started at the end of Jan at 246 lbs and have only lost 16.6 lbs. (though for part of the time I wasn't doing much). What is your secret?
  • liza001
    liza001 Posts: 77
    Options
    The same fillings (eg little or no sauces's etc) as you would put on a sandwich but no bread.. Wrap in the foil the same and take a spoon or folk... For a change, add rice or healthy noodles etc rather than the bread...
    ...and stiff cardboard wrapped around would stop it from being squashed and the cardboard will flatten for carrying in backpack afterwards... :smile: