advise for faster loss please

Options
:angry: i am frusterated today.:grumble: :grumble:
i feel like all i ever do is workout and/or diet.:explode: :explode:
:sad: :sad: :sad: my "slip ups" must be astronomical or i would have lost more than the 15lbs i've lost in the past 15months i've been w/ mfp.:sad: :sad:

i wish i could do something major different and lose the "last 15" in a few months.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
any advise would be appreciated.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Oregonlady, YOU look FABULOUS!!! Are you sure that your goal weight really should be that low? It looks to me from your pictures you have some AWESOME :noway: muscle tone. Have you considered having the bodyfat testing? I know that if you look at those flippin bmi charts that are a one size fits all the goal for a 5'6 woman is 130 lbs, but you have WAY more muscle than a normal woman! If you are closing in your fitness goals, the last pounds would be the slowest, but woman you have done FANTASTIC and are completely INSPIRATIONAL! I want to look like you! Keep it up its coming!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi Michele,

Thanks for the advice on quicker weight loss. The 20 minute cardio blast sounds great.:smile:

Gina
  • freeflower3
    freeflower3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks Gina!

After the cardio, I was DRENCHED. The 8.5 was hard for me, but accomplishing it felt sooooo good. I can't wait to get my smaller body back to be able to run like that again.

Best wishes!

~Michele : )
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    thank you for the comments and advice:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    the workout u reccomended gina sounds great! i tend not to push myself when i exercise. i just exercise for longer times.
    (1 hr + moderate pace jogging v.s. anything hard!:laugh: :laugh: ) i need to push myself more.
  • oregonlady
    Options
    i'll give u some advice.

LEARN HOW TO SPELL LADY!!!:tongue::tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
  • oregonlady
    Options
    good ADVICE:
    (pulled out of this thread:http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/79829-alcohol)

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: stop drinking any alcohol at all.:angry::angry: :angry: :angry:
    :explode: People are often concerned with how many calories are in whatever they are drinking -i know that is how u looked at it. But they seem to forget that as long as their is alcohol in the system, the body is not going to be able to process fat, carbs, or protein! I would think that the LAST thing that you want to do is literally bring all fat burning to a halt. Meanwhile, any calories you consume while drinking essentially gets "stored" until the body can clear itself of what it thinks is poison.
    :blushing: quitting drinking will not only help you lose weight, it can make your life more fun and exciting.
    :sick: alcohol has a standoff affect on the metabolism (which is what delays your weight loss), and the psychological affects of drinking alcohol (reducing inhibitions which basically impairs your ability to make good food choices) and the dehydrating affects of alcohol, which can be damaging the day of and the day after drinking. Those are all extra little kicks in the *kitten* that make is super bad.
    :mad: Look, it all comes down to how badly you want to live a new, healthy lifestyle. I'm not going to preach on the evils of alcohol. Suffice to say, alcohol is a poison, it's bad for the body, and REALLY bad for people trying to lose weight or become healthy.
    :angry: If you're serious about getting healthy, then drop the alcohol. Thinking that just counting calories of the beer you drink is all you have to is a mistake. Alcohol has to be dealt with by the liver. If the liver is busy trying to detox your blood, then it can't metabolize fat at the same time, well not efficiently anyhow. So that will slow your fat loss drastically.
  • oregonlady
    Options
    ADVICE:
    (pulled from this thread http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/73770-what-is-the-secret-to-your-success)

:mad: Want to lose the weight more than anything in the world; more than food; saying to myself: "Enough is enough"
    :tongue: Log in all foods even on days when you cheat on my meals; so that you are conscious of what u r eating and can then review what u have eaten and experiment on how many calories to eat, or how many carbs
    :angry: -Never say "I messed up, I'll get back on track tommorow." Always get up on the very next oppurtunity. do NOT wait for tommorow when you can improve on today.
    :wink: don't beat yourself up over a bad choice...move on! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: i know this is a tough one 4 u.
    :love: :love: :love: lots of good ADVICE in this thread too: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/41685-how-it-s-done-tips-from-me-to-you
  • totallytasha
    totallytasha Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I want to bump this topic, because it's terrific and full of inspirational advice and links to more of the same. Thank you for the thread!:flowerforyou:
  • oregonlady
    Options
    bump
    i should reread this stuff.
    i'm going backward.:cry::cry: :cry: :cry:
  • michellewa
    michellewa Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Please don't get caught up in a number. Eat for fuel and health. Be the best you can be and all else with follow. Please log everything you put it in your mouth. . . "you bite it, you write it!" Cardio, Cardio Cardio. . . :flowerforyou:
  • oregonlady
    Options
    seven years have past since i wrote this. it is still my biggest struggle.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Hello oregonlady, None of us ever will be finished with this struggle until we die. Keep plugging away at it.
  • oregonlady
    Options
    i hope you are correct sjaplo.
    i do not think i will choose to totally abstain from alcohol. i'm just trying to limit it. :)
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    oregonlady wrote: »
    i do not think i will choose to totally abstain from alcohol. i'm just trying to limit it. :)

The one thing that IS true is that , if you think of alcohol as a 4th macro, your body will metabolize alcohol before it does any of the other 3 macros. This is not an issue if you drink alcohol in a deficit. Your body will still metabolize the other macros and burn stored fat.

alcohol has a place in a reduced calorie diet but it should NOT be a substitute for the other macros. It can be added in when there are free macros to play with after meeting your daily minimum targets. Personally, I only drink on days I have exercise calories to eat back.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    oregonlady wrote: »

The one thing that IS true is that , if you think of alcohol as a 4th macro, your body will metabolize alcohol before it does any of the other 3 macros. This is not an issue if you drink alcohol in a deficit. Your body will still metabolize the other macros and burn stored fat.

alcohol has a place in a reduced calorie diet but it should NOT be a substitute for the other macros. It can be added in when there are free macros to play with after meeting your daily minimum targets. Personally, I only drink on days I have exercise calories to eat back.

^^^this. I drank beer and wine throughout my weight loss phase and since I was in a deficit, it did not affect my losses one bit. The one thing I did not do, though, was drink it excessively. One or two at the most is about all I want these days.