Tri training, calories and weightloss

Options
Hey y'all!
I'm a marathoner and I haven't been able to lose the weight during training (I have about 30 lbs I would like to drop), I just started training for ironman 2018 (better over prepared than under prepared). Should I eat my calories back? Currently I'm not logging exercise so I don't eat them back. I realize my diet is far from perfect (wip) but I'm also a single mom with 4 kids, full time student and work 2 jobs.

Current workout schedule:
M- run (4 to 6 miles)
T- swim
W- cycle (8 to 15 miles)
T- run (4 to 6 miles)
F- lift
S- active rest
S- run (8 to 15 miles)

Replies

• rtogetfit93
    rtogetfit93 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    How much do you currently eat?
  • jellebeandesigns
    jellebeandesigns Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    1250 calories a day
  • jellebeandesigns
    Options
    Some days up to 1700 (cheat) and some as low as 900 (work days)
  • rtogetfit93
    rtogetfit93 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You might be eating too little. What's your height and weight? You should get your TDEE and eat between 500-750 less than that. Start a bit higher maybe (500 less) and then decrease if the weight stalls. If you're lifting, and training so much, you need more fuel for your muscles to grow- and even if this means slower weight loss the increased muscle mass will help long term.
  • jellebeandesigns
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and 156
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    You should be eating significantly more.
    You almost have to be eating more than your numbers, otherwise you'd never ever be able to sustain that training level past a week or two. How are you not completely run down and exhausted?
  • jellebeandesigns
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    You almost have to be eating more than your numbers, otherwise you'd never ever be able to sustain that training level past a week or two. How are you not completely run down and exhausted?

I am, all the time! I just figured it was the 5 am wake up call to study and the 11 pm bed time (after homework).
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    rybo wrote: »

I am, all the time! I just figured it was the 5 am wake up call to study and the 11 pm bed time (after homework).

How long have you been eating 1250 on that workout routine? It amazes me you havent eaten one of your kids yet...

Set mfp to lose 1lb per week and eat back your exercise cals