Insanity: Max 30 - Calorie intake?

Options
So on average since I use the modifiers (which sufficiently destroys my soul) my Apple Watch sync says I burn roughly 250-300 calories for each session so far.

I had been eating 1200 calories for weight loss. Obviously I've also been eating the calories I burned since I know 1200 plus the workout is too low so my calorie intake, alongside my workouts, is 1450-1500.

Is that still not enough? I've read/calculated how many calories I should eat considering my age, height and weight to lose weight and that's normally around 1800. But I want to lose a bit quicker; I feel when I eat that much I don't lose weight.

Any advice please?

Replies

• DaniDoll57
    DaniDoll57 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Bump to get assistance :)
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    What kind of deficit do you get at 1800 calories before considering exercise? If that's already 1000/day (about 2 pounds loss per week), then yes you aren't eating enough.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    My MFP is giving me 1600 per day, I burn around 350 with Insanity and I also walk/ run per day. I eat around 2000 cals and still losing.
  • DaniDoll57
    Options
    1800 is my number after I take off 500 calories for weight loss; maintenance number is around 2300.

So perhaps I need to bump up to 1500 plus what I work off with Insanity so 1800 total or should I start my base calories at 1800 plus work out calories?
  • gerla_k
    Options
    I would think so. Try it for few weeks and see if it works for you.
  • DaniDoll57
    Options
    Try it at the 1500 or the 1800?

I just wanna make sure I do this right. I have a wedding that I'm a bridesmaid in that's in October. But even pastvthat, I wanna lose weight and get in shape. I don't want to be counter productive.
  • gerla_k
    Options
    :) if 1800 is your number to eat with deficit ( 2300 maintenance) I would eat at that and do Insanity, that would put to you in about 1500 calories and then I would eat back maybe 100 -150 cals back for few weeks and see if losing weight. If not, then I won't eat back exercise calories . Hope it helps.
  • DaniDoll57
    Options
    Thank you so much!! I'm going to try that and see if it helps out :)
  • gerla_k
    Options
    You're welcome :)
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    How long have you been eating the 1500 and how are you losing so far? In my experience that's really the only way to know. Calculators are estimates and don't account for individual metobolic rates.

I used to be able to eat much more than the average calculator gave me but as I've aged and now have thyroid disease I need to eat less. My maintenance on a calculator is about 2300 but I personally will gain slowly eating that even with all my workouts and maintain at closer to 1800.

Play with the numbers and see what works on your body