Radish recipes??

Options
megz4987
megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
My mom grew a ton of radishes and she's not really sure what to do with them all!
All I can think of is to slice htem up for salads...

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    ummmm salad ,lol
    i will be interested in this one i also have tons in my garden!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I just recently saw a recipe using radishes for hash browns instead of potatoes. Google "radish hash".
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    roast them!! olive oil, garlic, whatever fresh herbs you like, and s& p.
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    I've never heard of this many uses for radishes, excpet for salads. Gotta try the radish hash. And the roasting them in olive oil.
  • dodier01
    dodier01 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Baked Radish Chips - http://caloriecount.about.com/baked-radish-chips-recipe-r28902

Ingredients
    10 radishes
    1 tsp chili powder
    1/2 tsp garlic salt
    1/2 tsp paprika

Directions
    - Thinly slice radishes
    - Steam in microwave for 5 minutes
    - Put in bowl with spices; stir
    - Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, flip the chips, and bake for another 10 minutes.

These were actually a little better then I had expected! And they are very low cal! :)
  • FireSwan
    FireSwan Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    ooohhhh I'll ahve to try those Radish Chips! Sounds yummy! Thanks Dodier01
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Totally making those chips tonight!
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Here are a recipe that I've wanted to try but haven't gotten to....

http://www.annarbor.com/entertainment/food-drink/radishes/ (Sauteed Chicken and Radishes with Mustard-Tarragon Sauce)
  • SpectacuLaura
    SpectacuLaura Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    These are super simple and sound kind of weird but they are the yummiest appetizer I make for every party and everyone always freaks out and scarfs them all. (They have butter so it's not the healthiest snack in the world, but still better than a lot of other indulgences.)

It's Open Faced Butter and Radish Sandwiches. You just slice up a baguette, put some unsalted butter on the slices, sprinkle a little course sea salt and then place some thinly sliced radishes on top. Done!

The peppery radish taste with the crunchy salt and butter is out of this world! :)
  • kitten7911
    kitten7911 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    we do radish sandwiches all the time! thought it was a weird wisconsin farm thing!!! :laugh:
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    On the radish crisps - I'm steaming them in the microwave laid out on a flat plate, and they're just shrinking to little dots - am I doing something wrong?