Personal question for the ladies....

Options
2»

Replies

• WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Oh I get RAVENOUS the week before my TOM, but I also have the most energy the week before my TOM so I just compensate by working out as hard as possible-weights and running in addition to my normal walks. I eat as much as I want as long as it's home made/healthy foods such as lean meats/veggies/whole grains and so far even though I have always been thousands over my calories I always lose and keep off a pound reliably after my TOM. For some reason it works for me so I just am sticking with it... not that I really have a choice :wink: those cravings are intense!
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    The binges can undo an entire 3 weeks of work. You'll regret it. I suffer through it being mindful of what is going on. Leave the bag of doritos alone! The binges are fierce and once it starts it's hard to stop. I would go out just to get out.
    * odd how when I started eating healthier, the urges calmed down over time.

I agree with this. I get crazy cravings when I PMS. I just push through it knowing it will run its course.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Do you adjust your calories up or down around your monthly cycle?

Nope.

I occasionally have a mild increase in hunger, and if I do I'll just exercise a bit more so I can eat a bit more. :)

One thing I've discovered is that the lighter I am, the fewer cravings I get.

• LisaEatSleepRun
    LisaEatSleepRun Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I exercise everyday in the week leading up to my period in order to manage my PMS symptoms (moodiness, anxiety, aches & pains etc). And since I exercise more I can eat more, especially whatever I am craving, in moderation. Hello ice-cream-cookies-chocolate-cake, topped with whipped cream :wink:
  • Aerona85
    Aerona85 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    The week before I am usually hungrier than normal (and more tired than normal/don't want to exercise). The week of I barely want to eat. So for me it evens out. I don't notice any weight loss for those 2 weeks until it's all over, then it drops off basically overnight. Then back to normal for 2 weeks and repeat.

Eating at maintenance seems to be the best recommendation. That and making sure you still log everything.
  • ansmit4642014
    ansmit4642014 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I don't eat more but I will add a glass of milk and work it into my macros as I think this really helps with my cravings
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I don't get the increase in appetite every month, usually every 3 or so cycles thankfully. I just eat extra protein and fat on my hungry days and try and exercise more to offset the overage.

To those of you who eat up to your maintenance calories , what you will you do when you are actually in maintenance?
  • vlheriss
    vlheriss Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My cycle doesn't affect my appetite.
  • x_stephisaur_x
    x_stephisaur_x Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Usually I'd say that it shouldn't have an effect blah, blah, blah but OMG this week is killing me!

I have super intense cramps and want to eat everything in sight. Today will be about eating comfort foods within my allowance, and maybe crying between dinner and bed lol

x
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I adjust my calories up a bit because I honestly do feel a lot hungrier during that time. I will just eat back any calories burned or just eat at maintenance for a few days until it passes.