Skin after weight loss

Options
iona171718
iona171718 Posts: 20 Member
edited July 2017 in Success Stories
Hey there all. I'm at the beginning of my jorney and all is going great! I am very big though and I'm worried about the exess skin afterwards and loosing my boobs, I know my health is most important but if anyone has any tips or experience I would be very grateful. ☺ Thank you.

Replies

• hollyberry6182
    hollyberry6182 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I always wanted to get a boob job when i was younger. Once i had kids, they grew and so did my weight. I was worried about losing my boobs when losing weight since i was so used to having them now. My boobs did go down and I'm so glad they did. I fit perfectly into tops and dresses and they don't get in the way when exercising.
    As for excess skin, you'll probably always end up with a bit left over, but keep drinking water and moisturizing that area to help with the appearance. With the right kind of clothing, you can 'hide' it without being obvious.
    I know that is not what you want to hear, but I've managed it and I'm happy. Much happier than being obese.
  • iona171718
    Options
    Visage999 thank you, you truly are an inspiration! That's great advise and I will Defford take it on!
  • iona171718
    Options
    Thank you HollyBerry! That gives me hope ☺ Congratulations on your weight loss ladies!!
  • iona171718
    Options
    That's true geocitiesuser, but if I'm going to loose the only thing anyone has ever found physically attractive about me then I would like to know if there's anything I can do to prevent it now before its too late ☺
  • jswigart
    jswigart Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    A lot depends on your age. I am 62 and lost over 100 lbs. I have some excess skin. Some did shrink but there is some that I will just have for the rest of my life (without surgery). If you are younger your skin will be a little more elastic and may shrink a little more. Good luck, it's all worth it!
  • iona171718
    Options
    Thank you all so much for taking the time to leave your feedback and tips ☺ I feel alot better about things and will definitely take it on bord. Congratulations on your weight loss it's because of people like you guys I feel it is possible to achieve my dreams
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Start saving money. I don't mind loose skin and missing boobs on me, but if it's important to you there's a surgeon for that.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    To be honest my boobs have started going down, and I was having an off day when I noticed I literally asked my husband if he would care if I lost them, he told me not to be stupid and that being healthy is 1000X more important. The next day I realized he was right. You may have some loose skin, but you wont know until you get there, also your boobs may shrink, but you also wont know that until you get there, I think you will be extremely happy with your end result even if you are a little smaller up top and have a little extra skin <3
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I have lost 87lbs in 11 months lots of loose skin around my stomach, thighs,arms, and boobs( went from DD to C) eh it sucks but like everyone else said its better to be healthy with loose skin then obese any day!
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I've lost 130lbs, and there is definitely loose skin, but it's not visible in clothing, and even naked it is infinitely more aesthetic than being fat.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!