Stubb my toes???

Options
I actually had a co-worker say to me today, "Hey Kim you're a big girl, do you stubb your toes all the time?" ...meaning I guess that I can't see my feet?????

WHAT???!!!!

What a blow to my self esteem right when I'm trying to pull myself out of the dumps and try to do something about my weight. It's a daily struggle to make the right choices and be postive. WOW this day really is taking a toll.,,, :-(

Replies

• nothankscake
    Options
    I guess they think that the extra space you apparently take up will make you unable to see the floor? um, what a retard, and a jerk. Just don't listen to people like that. lots of people are overweight and they shouldn't be made fun of for it if, like you, they're working to lose the weight and get healthy.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    what a clown. I would go back to them and ask for clarification. and CONFRONT that. seriously. maybe he/she didn't mean it like that, but if they did, I'd be having a chat with them.
  • seriousaboutlife
    seriousaboutlife Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    wow... that would almost make me curse. There's only one thing you should do... and that's to SHOW HER UP!!! Keep doing what you're doing! In no time... you can stick your foot in HER mouth... so that she stops putting her own foot in her mouth (if that makes sense). YOU ARE WORTH THIS!!!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Haters gonna hate. Just ignore people like that...not worth your time. Plus, they might actually be jealous of you for some reason (work-related perhaps) and just trying to be mean.
  • Hoteffinmess
    Hoteffinmess Posts: 121
    Options
    Some people are just ignorant and lack a certain filter between their brain and their mouths. Don't let these people get to you. I always think silly things like "I'm fat, but you're ugly and I can lose weight". Sorry you had to deal with a moron. :(
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    im sorry but i laughed out loud like for real? who the frik says *kitten* like this to people?!

oh yeah, im so big i have no idea what's around me or who i'm going to walk over and squish with my bigness.

EFF YOU coworker!! i spit on you!!!

what a meanie asshat!!!
  • jame_104
    jame_104 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Think of it this way, you can do something about your weight, they will always be stupid! Don't let the haters get you down, refuse to let them win.
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    Acknowledge the fact that you've encountered an *kitten*, focus on your goals, keep it moving.
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Some people are just mean and stupid. It's nice to know who your friends are.
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Acknowledge the fact that you've encountered an *kitten*, focus on your goals, keep it moving.

VERY well put!
  • rainbowbuggy
    rainbowbuggy Posts: 320
    Options
    Not nice and I am not exactly sure what this person meant by that but whatever it was couldn't be very nice...joking or not. It was rude! The best thing to do it use that hurt and anger as fuel to fight back....move forward....and tell them to kick rocks barefoot!
  • losing_4_life
    losing_4_life Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well I indignatly answered her question, then I laughingly told her that if she ever started a conversation with me again with, Kim you're a big girl..... I was going to slap her upside the head. I wouldn't do that of course, but hopefully got my point across. It still felt like a punch in the gut though.

Thanks for all the advice and encouragement!!
  • losing_4_life
    losing_4_life Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Another co-worker did come to my defense though and told her that she wouldn't be able to say that to me next year. Thanks Shannon!!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Shannon sounds like a real friend, and this other coworker sounds like a twit! Some people lack that brain-to-mouth filter that lets them know that a comment is completely asinine before it leaves their face... You're doing great, don't let anyone tell you otherwise!
  • ♚SuperHeather♚
    Options
    I believe Bullying in the workplace can be reported and something will be done. I would contact HR and report her!
  • ♚SuperHeather♚
    Options
    Also.. What if she had said that same thing to someone who was unstable? And took those words and harmed them self.