Can't fit into wedding dress - need to lose 10lb in 4 weeks!

Options
Hi Guys,

Short version - I've eaten my stressed emotions in cake and crisps and my wedding dress will only fasten half way up.

Ideally I need to shift 10lb in 4 weeks.

I started dieting / exercising on Thursday. I worked out that lately I've been eating anywhere from 2,000 -2,600 cals a day. I've dropped my intake to 1,200 -1,300 cals a day, with the aim of 3 gym sessions a week.

I guess what I'm asking advice on is - is this achieveable?

I'm 5'7 and 170lbs.

Thanks!!

Replies

• Shoechick5
    Shoechick5 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Well that's incentive. Sure it's doable. Lots of work and dedication and not much cheating but it's only 4 weeks.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    It's not unachievable...but it won't be much fun, I'm afraid.
  • genghis54
    genghis54 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    malibu927 is not far wrong, and lots of water
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    Get the dress altered.
  • starskl
    starskl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies everyone!

In fairness it wouldn't need a massive alteration but I would like to get into it as it is.

Thanks for all the advice!!
  • noirelb
    noirelb Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm gettin married august 19th. I had bought a dress in january after losing weight. It's lace back so i have some give but it was at its MAX as i wore it. I started losing weight at the end of may and lost 20lbs in 2 months. But im also 227lbs and 5'10" now so it was easier for me to lose weight. I biked 1.5h 5 times a week and ate 1350cal plus 100-300 if i exercised.

Its probably doable but high water intake and lower your salt a little and definitely lower your carbs the week before the wedding. I'm also assuming that yoi KNOW that your dress fits when you are 10lbs lighter.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Get the dress altered. Follow the MFP plan. You'll lose enough weight so that you can breathe in your dress with some room to spare. You want to be able to sit, stand, dance and be comfy on your big day. Believe me, it's stressful enough planning a Big Day without freaking yourself out with the "will my dress fit?" crazyness.
  • princeofmind
    princeofmind Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You can do it and it wouldn't be that hard but it wouldn't be the healthy way to lose weight.
    I'm not going to say to restrict your calories below healthy levels but its pretty much the way you would have to do it to lose it in time.
    Really you have to decide what is more important to you. Your health or the money that it would cost to get the dress adjusted.