Stuck weight :(

Options
A few stats:
Started at 132 pounds
Currently 130.6 pounds
Goal weight 125 pounds by September
(Hoping to be 120 someday but we'll see)
5'3 female
20 years old

Hey everyone!
I started dieting five weeks ago and I'm on roughly 900-1200 calories a day with 1 cheat day a week of about 1800 calories. I workout 3-4 times a week (kickboxing). I got down to 129.5 pounds after 3 weeks but 2 weeks later I'm stuck at 130.5 pounds :(
I haven't changed what I'm doing. I weigh my food and use measuring cups. I got depressed today and ate a massive 2300 calories! I was hoping to be 125 pounds by September but it doesn't seem likely :(
Since I'm 20 years old I thought my metabolism would be faster and I would see at least 3/4 of a pound off at the end of every week. Also, I heard that weight loss is fastest at the beginning of a diet but that doesn't seem to be the case for me :(
Any advice?

Replies

• Extreme_Design_Fitness
    Options
    Hi I'm actually a personal trainer .. a year ago I was 244 lbs and turned it all around I'm now 200lbs and just passed my personal training course a month ago I love helping ppl that's why I got into the business.. to me it sounds like you hit your platuae you need to switch things up .. first don't have a cheat day make it a cheat meal instead also switch up your routine.. if you are doing the same thing all the time what happens is your body adapts .. the key to avoid this is what we call shocking the body.. don't let it get used to anything my suggestion is every 4 to six weeks switch your routine that way your body basically says ok something is wrong here time to improve.. trust me it works I've come so far in such a short time if you have any questions at all please message me and maybe I can help you.. I sincerely wish you the best and I hope this information helps
  • 12spots12
    12spots12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Your weight loss journey sounds great! Congratulations :) thank you for your advice! I didn't expect to hit a plateau so soon :O I'll definitely switch things up !
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't going to consistently decrease. You'll have days of higher weight, and days of lower weight - this will be affected by hormones, water retention, sodium, exercise etc. I'd recommend weighing every day and getting a trending app to show your downward progression.

Please eat more - 900-1200 cals is very little, and you're making it almost impossible to provide your body with sufficient macro/micro nutrition to just keep up its basic processes.
    With so little to lose, I'd slow the rate of loss - this will give you more calories and help you fuel your body, as well as avoiding potential binges that might occur from depriving yourself. You may consider adding extra exercise, or just being more busy if you're not active during the day, to give yourself more cals

A plateau isn't a couple of weeks. A plateau is weeks of no loss with careful logging. Do you eat exercise calories back? Are you using your scales for all solids and measuring cups for liquids, checking all database entries for accurate information?
  • 12spots12
    12spots12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying ! I don't eat exercise calories back. I guess I'll ramp up the calories for the next few weeks and walk more