Backsliding! Help!

Options
I could really use some advice. From April 2016- May 2017 I lost 66 pounds. Since May I have been struggling so much and have been fluctuating 10 pounds up and down. I have 34 to goal. I know 10 can easily be 20 and then all of it back. I don't know if I am just burning out or what the problem is. I fear gaining everything I lost but not enough to stay on track apparently. Has anyone lost weight, had a backslide and successfully hopped back on? What did you do? I need a reset and to remind myself of my goals. Thanks !

Replies

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,473 Member
    Options
    I've lost 100lbs. I got about 2/3 home and was stuck there. But I hated hated hated losing the same lbs twice. I was between 215 and 220.

In desperation I joined Weight Watchers. 1st time. I've never left. I'm closing in on 11 years at goal.

Not recommending it. It worked for me but there's nothing special about WW. I just found it easier to count points than calories.

In the end I think good tracking is the make or break.
  • WalkingQueen1979
    WalkingQueen1979 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I can relate I'm currently in a plateau for almost a year in the 180s. I started at 225 and I'm at 182 currently. I'm trying to get to 150 but I feel like I can't get under so frustrating. Feel free to add me
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    My third time on MFP. Since I've failed so completely at maintenance twice before I'm pretty happy to be stuck at a weight like I have been for 4 months (up and down, up and down). After all, this IS maintenance. Just at the wrong weight. Be glad you've learned how to maintain. Next step, lose the rest of the weight, and maintain it (up and down, up and down).
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »
    My third time on MFP. Since I've failed so completely at maintenance twice before I'm pretty happy to be stuck at a weight like I have been for 4 months (up and down, up and down). After all, this IS maintenance. Just at the wrong weight. Be glad you've learned how to maintain. Next step, lose the rest of the weight, and maintain it (up and down, up and down).

Me too. In the past when I came close to my goal, I checked out of MFP -- eventually went back to old habits and put the weight back on. Im not planning to stop counting, logging or tracking EVER.
  • UnicornAmandaPanda
    UnicornAmandaPanda Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    i dont really have any advice. but i am dealing with a similar situation. i lost 60 lbs... started backsliding and now i gained 20 lbs back... starting back on track tomorrow! feel free to add me :)
  • ciclamino1
    ciclamino1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Every now and then it's a good thing to take a week or two off and just be, no stressing about exercise, diet, etc. Just take a breather, do a couple of fun things you've been putting off and then towards the end of the two weeks, start to plan your next workout/diet phase and ease back into it. I think sometimes we forget that the mind/brain also needs a rest period. Remember, your body gets stronger on your rest days! This is also called a reset, just like you said at the end of your post!! :) Good luck and don't be too hard on yourself. You've already done an amazing job losing the 66lbs so you KNOW you can do it. Take a break and then get back to it. You got this!
  • brucejei
    brucejei Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I can relate, I lost 20 lbs and thn I slowly started losing motivation, before I knew it I had gained back 10 lbs. I'm now trying to refocus and get back on track. Feel free to add me.