Smoking and weight loss

Options
I have lost a good amount of weight (about 45 lbs. now!), and I am not a heavy smoker, but I do tend to smoke a cigarette a day. Because of health stuff, this may be especially bad if I don't quit before it becomes much worse. I was thinking of waiting til I reached my weight loss goal to stop smoking, but I was wondering if that's ideal for me. Is there an app similar to mfp I can use to stop smoking? Any tips from high hunger/consumption folks about quitting smoking?

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I would stop asap.
  • ayuri17
    ayuri17 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Stop smoking immediately. The longer you smoke, the more damage you are doing to your body. After that, work on your weightloss goals in a slow and steady manner. There is no rush.
  • JLynRN
    JLynRN Posts: 19 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    What good is it to be at your target weight if you're then crippled by copd, emphasema, lung cancer, heart disease, etc.

Quit now.... don't fool yourself into thinking that smoking is anything other than bad for you.
  • NaomiBusler
    NaomiBusler Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I know that smoking is bad for me, and I appreciate the tough love, but I really want to hear from folks who have helpful tips from experience quitting. If you've just gone cold turkey, it'd be good to know what helped you through it.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I know that smoking is bad for me, and I appreciate the tough love, but I really want to hear from folks who have helpful tips from experience quitting. If you've just gone cold turkey, it'd be good to know what helped you through it.

I quit cold turkey when I got pregnant with my first. I never looked back and eventually the smell of cigarettes made me nauseous. I also was an occasional smoker (1 or less a day).