Home Alone...

Options
So, as a rule i'm a secret eater.
When my fiance goes out in the evening thats where I get most of my calories... I will buy food from the shop and keep it until he goes out... He doesn't have any weight to lose.

It's my first evening along since starting this on Monday. I've just finished dinner and i'm already craving something...

I can't have my snack till 9pm

Anything that I can eat in an evening that will keep me full??

Replies

• ka_bateman
    ka_bateman Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    popcorn? Act II 94% fat free...only 30 cals for the whole big bag.I dip mine in mustard since I can't add butter
  • purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Don't snack, have a long hot bath then go to bed early :happy:
  • melsat
    melsat Posts: 14
    Options
    Chew gum and go for a walk. Normally if I'm having a craving, I wait 5 minutes and it goes away. I chew gum a lot at work too. So I won't snack all day. Good luck!
  • cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    Options
    Drink some water and maybe go for a walk? One of the issues some of us face is we eat when we are bored. It is good to do something so that we take our mind off of it. It took me years to figure this one out.
  • louiseyanne
    Options
    Thanks folks,

Cleaning the house it is then !!

:)
  • akgrl1020
    akgrl1020 Posts: 179
    Options
    Brush your teeth! I know that I don't like to eat anything after I brush my teeth.
  • CindyWard4u
    CindyWard4u Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    all of these suggestions are great...but I would want to know how many calories you are taking in throughout the day....it is possible that you are depriving yourself more than you need to?
  • Baroness
    Baroness Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Brush your teeth! I know that I don't like to eat anything after I brush my teeth.

+1!!!
    also my mantra is .... "if I dont buy it - I cant eat it" I walk around the store repeating this to myself LOL
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I know that this is going to sound bizzare because the masses will tell you that should never feel hungry and put you on a diet to eat every 2 to 3 hours.... but you must learn to be okay with being hungry sometimes. Food is fuel (energy) and if you're going to sleep/bed soon.... why would you need to eat (even if you think you're hungry)? Furthermore, if you go to bed with a full stomach, you are making your body work to digest and you will not get the good night's sleep that will help you to feel less tired (hungry) the next day.
  • louiseyanne
    Options
    Thanks guys... I don't think i'm actually hungry I just would be usually eating now and i'm not,
    Habit I think.. I'll have my yoghurt at 9 and then nothing else (48 cals) i've got a few to spare today.

Feel free to add me as a friend. i'm still very new at this !